• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best current spinner

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** law is ****.

Ajmal clearly can bowl within the tolerance threshold, it's just that he seems to reserve such occasions for the UWA lab. In actual games, not so much.
You really think the ICC testers can be so easily fooled in the lab?

the big bambino

International Captain
Hard to split the top 3 really. If only one spot was available I guess I'd go for Swann the majority of the time (better bat, knack of taking vital wickets) for most conditions.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lot of time for Herath; pretty much carries SL test bowling. Not a massive ripper of the ball, but a clever, subtle bowler with a action to fill a purist's heart with joy.

Hand on heart tho, I'd still take Ajmal without hesitation.

BeeGee

International Captain
In response to BeeGee's thread I thought I would start this one (kidding, I was going to anyway).
I like this thread. The "current" part is what makes all the difference. You actually have a reasonable basis for comparison, IMO.