• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Bowling Attack - Tests

Best (potential) Current Bowling Attack? 3 VOTES!!!

• Total voters

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think our view on Swann was that he didn't have an impact on The Ashes like some predicted. Took 4 more wickets than Hauritz, but @ 40 a piece compared to 32 for Hauritz. Given a lot of Australian supporters didn't think much of Hauritz before The Ashes started, Swann didn't exactly rise in estimations.

He can obviously bowl though. Don't think he's far and away the best spinner at the moment however. Has a wonderful set of teeth it must be said.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well you can hardly claim one player is better than another based on one series, otherwise Swann & Broad are better batsmen than Phil Hughes. It's all well and good dismissing some of Swann's successes as being against the Windies, but they were on some of the most bat-friendly pitches EVER EVER EVER EVER!

Swann underwhelmed a little in the Ashes but twice came through for us exactly when spinners are supposed to - i.e taking eight wickets in two Australian 4th innings chases. Hauritz bowled well in a similarish situation at Cardiff but couldn't get rid of our tailenders. Swann's stats may have been worse but his impact on the series was far more significant.

And we do play other teams than Australia...:p

Son Of Coco

And we do play other teams than Australia...:p
:laugh:

Yeah but I find it hard to follow England when we're not playing them. It's like having a younger brother who is your parent's favourite (let's call him 'Stuart'), when he's in front of you and you have to take notice of him you do, but when he's outside playing in the sandpit you cease to care and almost hope he slips and hurts himself.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think our view on Swann was that he didn't have an impact on The Ashes like some predicted. Took 4 more wickets than Hauritz, but @ 40 a piece compared to 32 for Hauritz. Given a lot of Australian supporters didn't think much of Hauritz before The Ashes started, Swann didn't exactly rise in estimations.

He can obviously bowl though. Don't think he's far and away the best spinner at the moment however. Has a wonderful set of teeth it must be said.
Look at the two batting lineups they were facing tbf. Besides, that was the low point of Swann's test career and the high point of Hauritz's.

I do rate Hauritz, but Swann's definitely better. Chris Gayle to agree :p.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Averaged 31 in the final four Tests as well, not that cardiff should be removed but it puts things into a bit of perspective about how he bowled after being annhilated there

Son Of Coco

Look at the two batting lineups they were facing tbf. Besides, that was the low point of Swann's test career and the high point of Hauritz's.

I do rate Hauritz, but Swann's definitely better. Chris Gayle to agree :p.
Yes, well one of those batting lineups won and one lost :happy: Let's not forget Australia's 'weakness' against spin going into the series too. Although that may have been slightly over-played.

Uppercut

Yes, well one of those batting lineups won and one lost :happy: Let's not forget Australia's 'weakness' against spin going into the series too. Although that may have been slightly over-played.
Yeah, because England have always been great players of spin. Paul Harris told me so.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Yeah but I find it hard to follow England when we're not playing them. It's like having a younger brother who is your parent's favourite (let's call him 'Stuart'), when he's in front of you and you have to take notice of him you do, but when he's outside playing in the sandpit you cease to care and almost hope he slips and hurts himself.

Uppercut

How has this series impacted on people's opinions of the Pakistan attack? Do you rate it higher/lower than you did before?

I guess it depends whether you include fielding in the attack.

Top_Cat

Rate them about the same. Potentially quite good but not outstanding. Aamer is a great potential and Asif's very good but the back-up is lacking a little.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Hasn't really changed my opinion. Kaneria is good. Aamer has potential. Asif is good and in the right conditions lethal. The fourth bowler is a lottery, and they're all flakey.

Down to SA and Aus for mine. Watson's current form, Haureh's improvement and Bollinger's inclusion tips it in Australia's favour IMO.