• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Bowling Attack - Tests

Best (potential) Current Bowling Attack? 3 VOTES!!!

• Total voters

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I cannot argue with the part that has been highlighted, but that shouldn't take anything away from the fact that he has outbowled every other spinner this year, and that includes guys like Murali, Mendis, Harbhajan, Vettori et al.
He hasnt outbowled anyone except Benn

Hauritz was the best spinner on show in the Ashes and Harris is on par in this test

Compare apples vs apples not guys playing in different conditions against different players

That's not really a 'fact'. I'm a fan of Swann but there's a clear difference between taking more wickets than someone and outbowling them, particularly when you play more Tests than them.

True that but if you have a look at this -

Bowling records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com

He has a better average than anyone else in the top 10 plus he's got more wickets. Yes he hasn't bowled in the exact same conditions against the exact same players but no two players have...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
True that but if you have a look at this -

Bowling records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com

He has a better average than anyone else in the top 10 plus he's got more wickets. Yes he hasn't bowled in the exact same conditions against the exact same players but no two players have...
Yeah, it's arguable that he's outbowled them, but it's not a 'fact'. I just don't want to see a Mr. Happypants clone around the forums who says 'fact' three times every sentence. :p

daghetto

Cricket Spectator
i dont think theres a better spinner than saeed ajmal right now in odis. he takes wickets every match and has extensive variations, like the doosra and the flipper

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Really? Even in India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan?
I see the most potential in that possible 4-man attack than any other country (slight ahead of PAK/WI).

Of course the sub-continent would be a weakness for them. But as history goes its not spin that won in IND its pace WI in the 80s, SA 2000, AUS 2004.
Plus along with those 4 seamers you would still have Watson. Watson & Hilfenhaus can reverse-swing ball, so that attack wouldn't be one-dimentional if they played in the sub-continent

I kinda agree with Ian Chappell, if three pacers can't get the job done, what's the point in having a fourth? Unless its a green top of course.
SA in the 90s & WI in the 80s did very well worldwide without a quality spinner

I don't think Hauritz is that bad of a spinner...
I dont rate him, especially if AUS come up againts quality players of spin i.e IND, SRI. I strongly believe AUS should play 4-seamers (unless its a raging turner) & leave the spin bowling to Marcus North.

Hughes/Katich
Watson
Ponting
Katich/Hussey
Clarke
North
Haddin
Johnson
Siddle
Hilfenhaus
Bollinger

daghetto

Cricket Spectator
I don't think there's a better lock than Kevin Sinfield right now in rugby league.

And that's about as relevant as what you said.

sorry bro, dont watch rugby.

pak is the best for sure, because of spinners like kaneria and saeed ajmal, who both have much variations and having tooken lots of wickets recently, and because of guys like asif and aamer, asif having tooken 4-fors and a 5 wicket haul in almost all the test matches vs nz recently, and aamer for his excellent performance at his age. let me see you be 17 and get tendulkar out in your first few overs.

btw paks getting a 5th bowler now, mohammad sami, for the aussie tour,

Last edited:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
sorry bro, dont watch rugby.

pak is the best for sure, because of spinners like kaneria and saeed ajmal, who both have much variations and having tooken lots of wickets recently, and because of guys like asif and aamer, asif having tooken 4-fors and a 5 wicket haul in almost all the test matches vs nz recently, and aamer for his excellent performance at his age. let me see you be 17 and get tendulkar out in your first few overs.

btw paks getting a 5th bowler now, mohammad sami, for the aussie tour,
Here we come Punter! :laugh:

Shri

Mr. Glass
I see the most potential in that possible 4-man attack than any other country (slight ahead of PAK/WI).

Plus along with those 4 seamers you would still have Watson. Watson & Hilfenhaus can reverse-swing ball, so that attack wouldn't be one-dimentional if they played in the sub-continent

SA in the 90s & WI in the 80s did very well worldwide without a quality spinner

I dont rate him, especially if AUS come up againts quality players of spin i.e IND, SRI. I strongly believe AUS should play 4-seamers (unless its a raging turner) & leave the spin bowling to Marcus North.

Hughes/Katich
Watson
Ponting
Katich/Hussey
Clarke
North
Haddin
Johnson
Siddle
Hilfenhaus
Bollinger
Cool story bro.