• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I actually managed to set orders for the first time since signing up again. We've been winning without me doing so in 2 of the 3 leagues we're in, so there's not too much pressure to get it right.

Boy_Blunder

School Boy/Girl Captain
Planning my first stadium expansion today - adding 2800 additional spaces, to begin following my home game today.

Have a home FC and OD game the week following it's completion which in theory should mean I make back the investment almost immediately.

cnerd123

likes this
The Robot Koalas CC finally get their CricketWeb Championships campaign underway, and in some style, thumping the unbeaten table-toppers Mad Hatters by 10 wickets! Akramullah hit a fantastic 133* for the Hatters, but was the only batter able to come to terms with a slow Five Demands CC deck, as the visitors were bowled out for just 217 (next highest score - 22). Domnhull Donegan and Hafizur Khan had no such troubles though, both cruising to their centuries as we hunted down the target inside just 32 overs.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
End result kinda undersells the ratings gap between us and Robot Koalas. Their march up the table continues.

cnerd123

likes this
Robot Koalas might be in for a rude awakening vs Central Districts today. We're chasing 295 to win. Finucane (112 off 76) was dropped once (on 29) and Aziz (136* off 144) dropped twice (on 6 and 16) and made us pay for it.

Hopefully their fielders are equally as generous to our top order...

cnerd123

likes this
1667144135715.png

A productive run of 11 wins in 5 weeks for RKCC, takes us to top of the CricketWeb Championships table despite starting the tournament late.

1667144194323.png

The last round of games will play out right at the back end of the season, with each team playing one match a day on 26th, 27th and 28th November. Mad Hatters the only team with a chance at toppling RKCC, they'll need to win all 3 games and hope we drop 2/3 of our matches. We're scheduled to play Central Districts, Ashgrove Astronauts and March Hairz, so all on you guys to find a way to help Mad Hatters steal first place :ph34r:

In other BT News - the new Player Development changes for next season sound interesting!

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
View attachment 33368

A productive run of 11 wins in 5 weeks for RKCC, takes us to top of the CricketWeb Championships table despite starting the tournament late.

View attachment 33369

The last round of games will play out right at the back end of the season, with each team playing one match a day on 26th, 27th and 28th November. Mad Hatters the only team with a chance at toppling RKCC, they'll need to win all 3 games and hope we drop 2/3 of our matches. We're scheduled to play Central Districts, Ashgrove Astronauts and March Hairz, so all on you guys to find a way to help Mad Hatters steal first place :ph34r:

In other BT News - the new Player Development changes for next season sound interesting!
Haven't seen the details. Let me look into it

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Setting up a Battrick team now - I did have a Battrick team and FTP team back in the day well before I was on CW but hoping I can get into Battrick more now there is a bit of a CW community around it

ataraxia

International Coach
*opens battrick*
*checks recent games*

What. The. ****.

The only thing that could make that game better would be Ilaraki b Ilaraki. Just pure random scorecard bliss.

ftr, aside from the obvious aspects - the batting hero took the final wicket; and he has scored 99 before but never a hundred; and the first 6 wickets fell to the same guy; and it was a massive upset -- especially against that L10 bowling lineup.

cnerd123

likes this
A few of my questions got answered at the recent Q&A! Some promising news coming out of it. New training and player development come in this Saturday, and the ME will be reworked slightly ahead of the new season!

Also some teasers on future updates:

BT-allanfcWe are aware that there is going to be some impact to these changes on other aspects of the game. One of the other announcements that was due to come was a significant change to what happens to players when their teams go bot.
Currently the players disappear forever - going forward we are going to make these players available for transfer. There will be another announcement made with further details about the exact mechanism, but there will effectively be a pool of players in the free market that can be bid on to release them into the open market. There will be restrictions on how many players you can bid on to bring into the market at any one time and over a specific period.

COM-KoalaHere is one from AWildBio: What are your thoughts on the YP system? How do you see it changing?
BT-allanfcWe are throwing a lot of ideas around about this. And I've still not quite got something that I'm happy with. It definitely needs refining, and I'm very hopeful that there will be a solution in place in 16 weeks time that we can all discuss then.

COM-KoalaAn excellent question from Capicua: Does the quality of batter lower down the order have any impact on the way set batters at the crease perform? For instance, if I have two Masterful bats at the crease, would they be less inclined to play aggressively if the next batter in is, say, respectable?
BT-allanfcOff the top of my head I don't think they do, but I will check this and see for you. If they don't they they bloody well should!

COM-KoalaOur good mate EdWeatherall wants to know: What’s the plan to make camping less appealing, my two teams are pretty similar in membership. One had a successful season and made £3m, the other after promotion made just £1m.
BT-allanfcWe are aware that this is an issue and there needs to be a more realistic expectation of performance from the club members and sponsors and generally more joy that there are higher up in the league structure rather than disappointment at losing. In effect a promotion bonus for a season. There won't be any changes this season, but expect something for the season after. There may also be a disappointment reaction from members to teams that have done well but failed to promote. Watch this space.

Exciting stuff!

Boy_Blunder

School Boy/Girl Captain
When does the new season start? Finished this year top in each division (in the lowest tier for each). Not sure what to expect in the next divisions

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
A few of my questions got answered at the recent Q&A! Some promising news coming out of it. New training and player development come in this Saturday, and the ME will be reworked slightly ahead of the new season!

Also some teasers on future updates:

BT-allanfcWe are aware that there is going to be some impact to these changes on other aspects of the game. One of the other announcements that was due to come was a significant change to what happens to players when their teams go bot.
Currently the players disappear forever - going forward we are going to make these players available for transfer. There will be another announcement made with further details about the exact mechanism, but there will effectively be a pool of players in the free market that can be bid on to release them into the open market. There will be restrictions on how many players you can bid on to bring into the market at any one time and over a specific period.

COM-KoalaHere is one from AWildBio: What are your thoughts on the YP system? How do you see it changing?
BT-allanfcWe are throwing a lot of ideas around about this. And I've still not quite got something that I'm happy with. It definitely needs refining, and I'm very hopeful that there will be a solution in place in 16 weeks time that we can all discuss then.

COM-KoalaAn excellent question from Capicua: Does the quality of batter lower down the order have any impact on the way set batters at the crease perform? For instance, if I have two Masterful bats at the crease, would they be less inclined to play aggressively if the next batter in is, say, respectable?
BT-allanfcOff the top of my head I don't think they do, but I will check this and see for you. If they don't they they bloody well should!

COM-KoalaOur good mate EdWeatherall wants to know: What’s the plan to make camping less appealing, my two teams are pretty similar in membership. One had a successful season and made £3m, the other after promotion made just £1m.
BT-allanfcWe are aware that this is an issue and there needs to be a more realistic expectation of performance from the club members and sponsors and generally more joy that there are higher up in the league structure rather than disappointment at losing. In effect a promotion bonus for a season. There won't be any changes this season, but expect something for the season after. There may also be a disappointment reaction from members to teams that have done well but failed to promote. Watch this space.

Exciting stuff!
As a major proponent of Free Agency I heartily applaud this

cnerd123

likes this
The final weekend of the inaugural BT CWC is underway!

Central Districts have already completed a 9 wicket demolition of the Atrocious Axolotls, and all three sides batting first in the remaining matches seem to be in a strong position:

Ashgrove Astronauts 169-3 (34), runrate=4.97 vs Mad Hatters
Robot Koalas CC 75-0 (11), runrate=6.82 vs Chapati Madondo
Helsreach CC 27-0 (3), runrate=9.00 vs March Hairz

1669448584984.png

A win for RKCC might all but secure their spot as champions, especially if Mad Hatters struggle to get over the line against Ashgrove Astronauts