• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Infamous

Satyanash89

Banned
Tough one... but its got to be Cronje.

Both cheats of the highest order, but similar to what has already been said, atleast with Malik you knew what you were getting. Cronje was a shocker because of his Perfect Genetleman St.Hansie persona.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I still say given South African racial history that the white Afrikaaner captain dragging two young coloured players into his dastardly schemes is one of the most despicable acts in any professional sport.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Semi-final 1 Results:

Hansie Cronje - 9
Salim Malik - 7

And grecian's dirty money gets South Africa further in a tournament than Cronje ever did.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Semi-final 2

Mohammad Asif (Pakistan)

Crimes:

- Suspended for being a drug cheat (exonerated after a lengthly boo-****ing-hoo), 2006
- Suspended for being a drug cheat, 2009
- Third stooge of the spot fixing scandal
- Drug smuggling in the UAE
- Attempted extortion of his fiance
- Hide yo kids, hide yo wife

"I didn't do anything wrong. There was one no-ball and, whatever the scenario was behind it, I described it in the court. There are lots of things and it will be in my book, which will be launched very soon." - Foreword to Asif: It's Tough Being Me

"It is hard to see how this could be an isolated occurrence for you." - Justice Cooke hands down his judgment on the above quote

"I love cricket: it is something that runs through me in my veins and my blood." - Along with THC

"I seriously expected a bravery award after what I have done." - Asif's ex-girlfriend after testifying on his spot-fixing

"He is a friendly and nice guy. I was shocked to hear about the allegations, so I dropped him from the film." - Bollywood director about Asif starring in a movie promoting friendship between India and Pakistan

"It is definite that he committed the crime as he was caught red-handed ... however in certain cases and for a faster litigation process the Public Prosecution drops a case due to insignificance and deports the suspect." - PCB, who else?

"Mohammad Asif is a superstar of Pakistan and we should not leave him alone over there [Dubai] and should not spare any effort to bring him back. We request the president and the premier to intervene in the matter and bring back the superstar." - Pakistani senator Zafar Iqbal Chaudhary

Is the implication, that if he wasn't a superstar they should have just let him rot? Would the same calls be made if it was Mohammed Sami sitting in a Dubai prison?
It'd be absolutely disgusting if Asif ever steps on a cricket pitch again.
If true (not the detention but the posession), then Asif must rank as one of the most stupid and arrogant guys on the face of the planet
I also must check my wallet today. Gooey stuff tends to remain in one's wallet for months and somehow never gets noticed :dry:
There's a world of difference between an unpleasant personality and being a crooked piece of ****.
Asif the slimy piece of ****. Did not deserve the God given talent he threw away.
Asif has to be the worst person to have played international cricket.
Asif is up there for the most dislikable cricketer of all time.
Asif, could have had it all

Roy Gilchrist (West Indies)

Crimes:

- Used freakish fast bowling talents mostly to sate a freakish irritability
- Profligate and deliberate use of beamers
- Picked up a stump and hurled it at a Lancashire league batsman's head, hitting him
- High-profile sending home by Gerry Alexander after Gilchrist allegedly pulled a knife on him
- A few violent tendencies
- ...culminating in branding his wife's face with an iron
- Began coaching career by being invited by the BCCI to India to help Indian batsmen play fast bowling

"A tragedy born of the interaction between a flawed individual and a malformed society, an almost Greek inevitability as man and system proceeded to their inevitable and final collision." - Former Jamaican prime minister Michael Manley

"Your wife is a sympathetic woman, and more than you deserve. I hate to think English sport has sunk so far that brutes will be tolerated because they are good at games." - The judge at his domestic violence hearing[/QUOTE]

"[The batsman] was then bombarded by chatter from the close-in fielders who told him (some apparently out of genuine concern for his well being) that he might have acted unwisely, because Gilchrist was now bound to get riled up, and by disrespecting the notoriously volatile pacer by needlessly hitting his first ball to the boundary, he might have placed his very life in jeopardy." - Garfield Robinson

"Tales of atrocity, some perhaps arising from the proverbial tendency to give a dog a bad name, continued to emerge about his violently over-reactive attitude to batsmen and his unsparing use of the bouncer. Even charity matches were not free from his ferocious assaults." - Wisden obituary

Dude... Roy Gilchrist was an angry, angry man. Probably the most vicious quickie the World has ever known.
Gilchrist is just despicable
Wasn't he that West Indian nutcase that thought the beamer was a legitmate delivery, bounced people in charity games and skulled a guy with a stump during a game?
Crazy *******.
Gilchrist seems like a genuinely nasty thug.
He almost killed a guy who's claim to fame was that he had the same name as me :laugh: :laugh:
wow
he always struck me as a nice guy

edit- awwww LOOL it's some other Gilchrist. For a good couple of mins I was in disbelief.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Asif. Whenever I see pics of him as often as not he's smiling. This would seem to indicate he's either a wuckfit, doesn't care what people think or (my guess) still doesn't think he's actually done anything wrong despite an impressive body of evidence to the contrary.

Deep down I suspect Adam's mad Uncle Roy knew he was a ****.

Flem274*

123/5
Asif is a loser, but he's not going to take out his pathetic existence on you.

Gilchrist

Must have made for an awkward dressing room team mate.