• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Footballers

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Okay then, van Basten kicks some tail in that one, and rightly so.

Round 1 Matchup 4

Pele (Brazil)

Johan Cruyff (Holland)

Wow, a real clash of the titans here.

Already through:
George Weah
Ruud Krol
Marco van Basten

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Pele

Not for his footballing ability, but for his pioneering work for all those struggling men out there.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
such a shame for 1st round ! you can not be serious putting the best footballers ever against each other in the 1st ground! you got to be kidding me !

Cruyff because im dutch. any other round i wouldve gone for Pele

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If ever the value of some kind of seeding system is demonstrated, then here it is. The two best footballers so far & one's going out first round! Both supreme players, obviously, but I can't go against Edson Arantes Do Nascimento, AKA top impotency spokesperson

Pelé

Barney Rubble

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
If ever the value of some kind of seeding system is demonstrated, then here it is. The two best footballers so far & one's going out first round! Both supreme players, obviously, but I can't go against Edson Arantes Do Nascimento, AKA top impotency spokesperson

Pelé
I considered trying to do a seeding thingy, but I figured it'd only start arguments about who should be seeded where. It was hard enough trying to figure out the final 64.