• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Ashes Moments

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Adelaide. Set the tone for the eventual thrashing, whereas Warne's hat-trick came when the game was already up to all intents and purposes.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warne's hat trick.

I haven't read the actual choices, I just saw from this page (I'm on 40 PPP) that it was one, and some Pom calling for the poll to close before the Australians got in. So I'm going with that.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
(48)Shane Warne's Hattrick 5 vs (75)England's Start at Adelaide 11

Round of 32 : Battle #2

(24)Jeff Thomson yorking Tony Greig
1st Test: Australia v England at Brisbane, Nov 29-Dec 4, 1974 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

YouTube - The Empire of Cricket - Australia : Dennis Lillee & Jeff Thomson (2:40)

vs

(54)Bradman's Final Innings
5th Test: England v Australia at The Oval, Aug 14-18, 1948 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com
Needing only 4 runs in his final Test innings to retire with a Test average of 100, the Don was dismissed for a second ball duck

Round of 32 : Battle #3

(13)Jimmy and Monty's Last Stand
1st Test: England v Australia at Cardiff, Jul 8-12, 2009 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
104.6 Hauritz to Anderson, 1 bye, wide of the off stump, off the pads and balloons over the slips. They run a bye. They run a bye. Ponting scratches his chin, he looks distraught. Anderson talks to the umpires. No one knows what's going on! But they shake hands and England have drawn! It's all over!
YouTube - England's last-wicket heroes on their defiant stand

vs

(56)Shane Warne sledging Paul Collingwood
5th Test: Australia v England at Sydney, Jan 2-5, 2007 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
"And to think you got an MBE for getting seven."

Howe_zat

Audio File
I really love Thompson's moment, party because I don't particularly like Grieg, mostly because it show's Thompson's real skill beyond the sort of "blood on the pitch" caricature he ended up as.

So nine times out of ten I'd vote for that. But for the sake of the history involved I have to go with Bradman.

Elsewhere, Jimmy and Monty.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bradman

Jimmy and Monty. That night is probably the most drunk I've ever got alone. Was so happy.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thommo for me - that moment defined his career - The Don's blob certainly didn't define his

and Monty and Jimmy, obviously