• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh in South Africa

Athlai

Not Terrible
To me it looks like Bangladesh swapped their bowling around too much striving for a wicket rather than keeping the pressure on. I'd have expected Shakib to have been kept on, not took off to give the 4th+ bowlers more ineffectual overs.
Yeah strange move considering they bowled Shakib for immense spells against NZ, like 30 overs at one stage.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladesh haven't bowled as well as we did yet have out batted us in this match.
Sad.
I don't know about that, New Zealand were awful with the ball at Centurion last year, in a test match which lasted less than 200 overs.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
To me it looks like Bangladesh swapped their bowling around too much striving for a wicket rather than keeping the pressure on. I'd have expected Shakib to have been kept on, not took off to give the 4th+ bowlers more ineffectual overs.
Bowled far too short to Boucher and Prince was starting to pick him off. To be honest he didn’t actually bowl that well for his three wickets, Kallis played all around a straight one whilst AB just had a massive brain explosion.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bowled far too short to Boucher and Prince was starting to pick him off. To be honest he didn’t actually bowl that well for his three wickets, Kallis played all around a straight one whilst AB just had a massive brain explosion.
2nd day in SA, a spinner getting getting wickets is a pretty random occurrence.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yea but he's arguably a Test class bowler, the others that bowled are rubbish.

Corli

U19 Cricketer
Good stuff from Prince and Boucher. Today was the first time in months I got to watch some cricket (even if it was only the last 20 minutes), and I got to see one of my favourite cricketers get a century, which was nice.

Andrew Samson mentioned on radio that Ashwell Prince, with his 10 centuries, now only needs a century against Sri Lanka to complete centuries against all the Test nations. I can't find a list of the batsmen who already managed it, any help?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Good stuff from Prince and Boucher. Today was the first time in months I got to watch some cricket (even if it was only the last 20 minutes), and I got to see one of my favourite cricketers get a century, which was nice.

Andrew Samson mentioned on radio that Ashwell Prince, with his 10 centuries, now only needs a century against Sri Lanka to complete centuries against all the Test nations. I can't find a list of the batsmen who already managed it, any help?
Steve Waugh was one off the top of my head

Corli

U19 Cricketer
Hmm, thanks. I found a list on my computer (SR Tendulkar, BC Lara, RT Ponting, SR Waugh, R Dravid, G Kirsten, AC Gilchrist, MS Atapattu), but it might be outdated and I can't remember where I got it from :dry:

Stapel

International Regular
and the paretnership finally comes to an end. And three balls later, another two wickets fall. Cricket is a funny game.

Boucher's high score is 125. I could see him break that today, but he didn't.

Prince is just a few runs away from his personal best (149).

Hmm, thanks. I found a list on my computer (SR Tendulkar, BC Lara, RT Ponting, SR Waugh, R Dravid, G Kirsten, AC Gilchrist, MS Atapattu), but it might be outdated and I can't remember where I got it from :dry:
My guess is that there should be more of them. Just guessing here, but C'paul, Hayden, Langer

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Laughing at Steyn's match figures here - 1/95 so far.

Watch him now skittle the tail to achieve some respecatbility.

Briony

International Debutant
Laughing at Steyn's match figures here - 1/95 so far.

Watch him now skittle the tail to achieve some respecatbility.
Do people think he's not good enough to bowl out the top order?

He's not in the greatest form to head to oz judging by the way the Bangers have handled him on his home turf.

analyst

U19 12th Man
Ashraful has been poor on this tour, still probably the only option for captain other than Mortaza who no one knows what length of time his career will last, he gives glimpses of potential as an allrounder only to give it away.