• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2020/21

aussie tragic

International Captain
5 guys improved their chances of joining a Test bubble squad after round 1 of Sheffield Shield

- Neser, 121 runs and 5 wkts
- Agar, 114* and 6 wkts
- Inglis, 153* and 5 dismissals
- Swepson, 5 wkts
- Pope, 5 wkts

Shady Slim

International Coach
There's a limited over series before the tests in the new schedule.
The first test will be a day night test at adelaide on 17 dec.
second at MCG on 26 obviously
3rd at scg on 7th jan
4th at gabba on 15
hate this for the reason langer rightly points out in that it'll compromise the integrity of the shield

Shady Slim

International Coach
what do you hate, Shady? the schedule of the 4 tests or the LO games before?
the jamodis

some guys such as neser, who're on the fringe of test selection, will miss out on valuable shield games to run some circus odis that nobody really cares about

just

yet again the shield is set aside in favour of the mighty dollar, disappointed but not surprised hehe

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah... dont think it helps India either but it is what it is.
Potentially gives them more time to acclimatise before the Tests, but on the other hand they won't be able to focus on red-ball cricket preparation in that time. Would rather have the Tests first personally, because wgaf about the ODIs.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I see why Meredith's rated, but going at 4 an over in FC cricket really worries me. Against better batsmen who actually can handle the pace he'll be destroyed.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I can see why people think he's got potential but people who think he'd be useful in the side right now even in the event of multiple injuries are absolutely dreaming.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Meredith was pretty awful in the first round
Yeah, he was pretty bad from what I saw, some hostile deliveries but far too much waywardness in between that.

To be fair, nobody else especially quick did that well.

Tasmania will likely replace him with Bell, who is a good reliable bowler but doesn't add anything Siddle and Bird can't already do

aussie tragic

International Captain
Meredith is only a thing because Warne said so.

Cummins, Starc, Hazlewood, Pattinson, Neser definitely top 5 pacers above him