• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian intra-squad warm up game 23-26 August, The rose Bowl, Southampton

aussie tragic

International Captain
The 5 batsmen that improved their test squad chances

Bancroft - 110 runs (17,93*)
Warner - 62 runs (4, 58)
Marsh - 52 runs (29,23) and 6 wkts (1-13,5-34)
Labuschagne - 47 runs (41,6)
Pucovski - 41 runs (4,37)

The 5 batsmen with minimal impact on their test squad chances

Harris - 21 runs (6,15)
Burns - 18 runs (18,0)
Smith - 17 runs (9,8)
Wade - 17 runs (10,7)
Handscomb 15 runs (2,13)

The 2 batsmen that did the most harm to their test squad chances

Patterson - 2 runs (2,0)
Head - 1 run (1,0)

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really hope that they don't pick Bancroft on the back of this. He did this to us a couple of years back and we got a 30 averaging batsman who wasted an opening spot for the summer.

stephen

Averaging 45 in county isn't really "in form" though. It's what I'd expect a state player who averages 35 in the shield to average.

stephen

I mean the selectors made the same mistake two years ago. They picked him off the back of a single innings after being rubbish for years and he got eight or nine tests which culminated in the darkest hour of Australian cricket since the 80s. He needs to do this for more than a season. And I don't think the Australian public will welcome him back with open arms either. More than Smith or Warner, he was the public face of the sandpaper saga.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Cameron Croft is a changed man.

He loves being on the grass shoeless and only occasionally wears wife beater singlets now. He opens.

howardj

International Coach
They want Bangers, plain and simple

Hohns before the recent Aus trial game

“Cameron was making a fair amount of headway when he last played Test cricket for Australia, that was in South Africa I think,” he said.

Averaged 37

stephen

After Paine was praising him publicly Bancroft will play the first test. I feel it in my bones.

stephen

So according to all of the popular press, this match was between our top 25 red ball cricketers (well, 24 but Khawaja wasn't playing who is the extra one).

What strikes me is how silent everyone has been about giving Maxwell a chance. That world cup of his seems to have destroyed his support. Rightly so. He was woeful this time around.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What strikes me is how silent everyone has been about giving Maxwell a chance. That world cup of his seems to have destroyed his support. Rightly so. He was woeful this time around.
Yeah he's burned a lot of his support with his atrocious World Cup. Still a bit disappointing given what a good red-ball cricketer he is (possibly his best format, at least much better than ODIs).