• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian intra-squad warm up game 23-26 August, The rose Bowl, Southampton

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warner
Bancroft
Khawaja (/Harris if Khawaja injured)
Smith
Head
Wade
Patterson
Burns
Paine
M.Marsh
Pattinson

Pattinson & M.Marsh to take the new rock, Matty Wade change bowler. Smith and Head to share the spin bowling load.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Mate please. Guess Labus will now be picked over KP.

Warner
Bancroft
Usman
Smith
Head
Labuschange
Paine
Pattinson
Cummins
Starc
Lyon

just makes sense. Ridiculously deep batting and inform players playing
It could happen. Bowling very well with Cummins. Isnt it somewhat telling that Siddle is being prefered over Starc in the trial? Anyway I was basically saying I forsee the top 10 names playing Day 1 just not certain about the 3rd quicj for sure

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Warner
Bancroft
Smith
Head
Wade
Patterson
Burns
Paine
M.Marsh
Pattinson

Pattinson & M.Marsh to take the new rock, Matty Wade change bowler. Smith and Head to share the spin bowling load.
Punt Paine & Patto

Replace with Labu & Finch

Bancroft to keep, Wade with the new rock backed by the greatest spin quartet since Bedi/Venkat/Chandra/Prasanna

TheJediBrah

Punt Paine & Patto

Replace with Labu & Finch

Bancroft to keep, Wade with the new rock backed by the greatest spin quartet since Bedi/Venkat/Chandra/Prasanna
2 leggies, an offie and a left-arm tweaker. Can't really argue with that diversity.

Replace Labuschagne with a freshly flown-in D'a'r'c'y' S'h'o'r't and you'd have 4 spinners of all different variety

Last edited:

stephen

What I think the selectors will actually go with:

Warner
Harris
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Patterson/ Labaschagne/Wade
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazelwood

Pattinson
Siddle
The left over middle order batsmen
Carey

stephen

But Bancroft has made 17 and 25* in the most important selection game in the history of Australian cricket; Burns only made 18 and 0 :ph34r:
Doesn't excuse him from attaching a worse test and first class average than Burns, especially given his first class average is inflated by county cricket.

TheJediBrah

Burns wouldn't last an over against me (with my pants down and blind-folded) bowling left-arm chinaman wrong-uns in the nets. I'm right-handed btw.

Gob

International Coach
Warner
Bancroft
Smith
Head
Wade
Patterson
Burns
Paine
M.Marsh
Pattinson

deep.JPG

TheJediBrah

When was the last time so many Test spots have been up for grabs though?

Apart from Smith and Warner the rest of the top 6 could be almost anyone in the squad.

Burgey

Has there been any update on Khawaja’s injury?

I almost feel dirty worrying about whether a player of his calibre will be right to go, if it shows how far we’ve fallen that he’s clearly our third best player

aussie tragic

International Captain
Reports were that Wade didn't nick the catch behind in the 1st innings, so looking forward to him getting some runs today.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I feel Pattinson has to be picked. CA have poured millions into the bloke. Time to reap some rewards