• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian intra-squad warm up game 23-26 August, The rose Bowl, Southampton

Gob

International Coach
Doesn't excuse him from attaching a worse test and first class average than Burns, especially given his first class average is inflated by county cricket.
Do you honestly see Burns surviving against Anderson, Woakes etc with his jammy bat next to front pad i mean its just so obvious. I'm not saying that Bancroft or Harris going to be awesome or anything but at least they seem to play the ball late and look at least equip to blunt the new ball which means a lot.

Best Aust team they could conjure for the first test is

Bancroft
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Labuschange/Patterson
Paine
Pattinson
Cummins
Starc
Lyon

Personally prefer Patterson but dont mind Labuschange his form cant be faulted.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Do you honestly see Burns surviving against Anderson, Woakes etc with his jammy bat next to front pad i mean its just so obvious. I'm not saying that Bancroft or Harris going to be awesome or anything but at least they seem to play the ball late and look at least equip to blunt the new ball which means a lot.

Best Aust team they could conjure for the first test is

Bancroft
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Labuschange/Patterson
Paine
Pattinson
Cummins
Starc
Lyon

Personally prefer Patterson but dont mind Labuschange his form cant be faulted.
Broad/Archer are going to have a field day with Harris. Bancroft is dumb as a post and extremely inconsistent. A shield average in the low 30s doesn't lie.

Burns plays for Queensland. If he had a serious weakness to the moving ball it'd have been exposed by now.

Just because someone doesn't have a text book technique doesn't make them automatically vulnerable to the moving ball. Otherwise Chanderpaul wouldn't have had a career.

Burns deserves to be there infinitely more than Bancroft and Labaschagne. He's taken his chances and done something with them unlike the other two.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Broad/Archer are going to have a field day with Harris. Bancroft is dumb as a post and extremely inconsistent. A shield average in the low 30s doesn't lie.

Burns plays for Queensland. If he had a serious weakness to the moving ball it'd have been exposed by now.

Just because someone doesn't have a text book technique doesn't make them automatically vulnerable to the moving ball. Otherwise Chanderpaul wouldn't have had a career.

Burns deserves to be there infinitely more than Bancroft and Labaschagne. He's taken his chances and done something with them unlike the other two.
Gonna have to get you to stop whinging about Burns m8. Those new repetitive posting rules and all that, sorry my hands are tied.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Bancroft will play the first two tests and score less than 50 runs in total. My bolter for this tour is Neser - who I can see getting a go in the third test and doing well