• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2020/21

aussie tragic

International Captain
Numbers on shirts are probably the least useful 'innovation' in cricket.
Yeah, looks ugly and Stark having 56, Abbott 77 and Swepson 4 makes no sense. If numbers are required, should make it limited to 1-11 in intended batting order, plus 12 for the 12th man of course

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Travis Head is a smart cricketer.

Epitome of a captain's knock, the nous of it.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Renshaw still has same technical issues as he did a couple of seasons ago (front foot going across crease rather than out towards ball)

Assume that it’s a mental thing as it’s been highlighted enough

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Wouldn't mind seeing whiteman get an a team gig, 3 hundreds in 4/5 games since he started opening again.

tony p

First Class Debutant
Why is Tom Andrews getting a game for Tasmania. He doesn't score many runs & goes for around 5 per over.
We must have someone better than him.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Travis Head once again proving TJB to be an utter spud of a judge right here

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Things looking down for Aus cricket. Will head into the Test series effectively with 10 men now Head has hacked his way into keeping a spot

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Watched the ABC News tonight. I was stunned that the sports news covered all the Women's Bigbash games bit didn't mention the Shield games in progress. Priorities?

SeamUp

International Coach
I was off doing other things most of yesterday so was spared the worst of the carnage, but it never ceases to astound me how South Australia can continue to plumb new depths of incompetence

Well done to Harris and Pucovski, but ultimately these runs should be taken with a hefty dose of context

Agreed fully on the second point, Street is a good example on how dire cricinfo can be regarding having the player imformation there
Good fight back at least and going into the last day with their inexperienced seam attack + Jon Holland who has always flattered to deceive should bring confidence.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Watched the first hour of NSW/QLD and Copeland was bowling beautifully. I remember him being a genuine medium pacer but he seems to have some nip. Commentators were getting stuck into Street (unfairly imo) - good luck facing Starc bowling heat and Copeland landing them on a sixpence.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Watched the first hour of NSW/QLD and Copeland was bowling beautifully. I remember him being a genuine medium pacer but he seems to have some nip. Commentators were getting stuck into Street (unfairly imo) - good luck facing Starc bowling heat and Copeland landing them on a sixpence.
Copeland often seems a bit quicker when you're watching without a speed gun because he gets so much bounce (especially in Australian conditions - even at KRO). He'd feel quicker than he is facing him as well for the same reason. He's actually bowling a bit slower now than he was when he played Tests IMO.

He was absolutely unplayable to the lefties yesterday though, either way. Best I've seen him bowl on a pitch not offering much.