• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2016/17

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
That Crane selection is amazing stuff. Especially from NSW, usually so keen to promote their own youth. Obviously Nair and Green are both spinning it the same way as Somerville - I wonder if Green might have been selected if he hadn't have been playing in the PSL.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah great work for Mason to get selected. 3 7fers in a row is epic.

I imagine he will get slapped but great experience nonetheless. Is the track he plays on conducive to turn?

Midwinter

State Captain
Last round of Futures league started today

Chris Lynn is back in town 124 off 159 out of 7/263, Preffer 85no

Qld knocked over the Bureaucrats for 67, Doggett 5/12 Neser 4/22

Bluebaggers all out 260, Gibson 80 with the Croweater's Winter continuing his good form 3/44. SA 0/27

Vic vs Tas
Tassie 6/295 with Silk making his highest score for a long time 142no

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So Cummins is due to play his first shield match in nearly 6 years and the rain comes

Guy must have run over a clowder of cats

And yes, I did have to look that up

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I dunno how they're playing in Sydney atm. It's pissing down in the CBD, and that's only about 3km from the SCG.

Andre

International Regular
That Crane selection is amazing stuff. Especially from NSW, usually so keen to promote their own youth. Obviously Nair and Green are both spinning it the same way as Somerville - I wonder if Green might have been selected if he hadn't have been playing in the PSL.
Yep that's my thoughts exactly. Honestly can't fathom how far NSW seems to have moved from the promoting their own policy on this one. Part of me is pleased that the idea of winning comes first but interesting to see what the response will be to this.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yep that's my thoughts exactly. Honestly can't fathom how far NSW seems to have moved from the promoting their own policy on this one. Part of me is pleased that the idea of winning comes first but interesting to see what the response will be to this.
Botha probably regrets not having a hit in the two day grade stuff this season given this selection. He doesn't even count as an overseas player anymore so given they picked Crane they presumably would've had no problem picking Botha if his form demanded it (and I think it would have at various points).

stephen

What do Australian selectors do if they have a fit Starc, Hazlewood, Pattinson, Bird and Cummins? 5 genuinely excellent quick bowlers. Poor Sayers :(

stephen

Outside of the West Indies in the 1980s I genuinely can't think of a time when any country has so much fast bowling talent.

Spikey

nsw are gonna miss the final because they inexplicably failed to defeat tasmania two times this season

Burgey

Copes and Cummins right amongst them here.

Also wishing Mad Dog well on his return. Hope he's put any issues he's had behind him.

stephen

Geez QLDs bowling attack looks better with Feldman in it. And when it's up against Tasmania.