• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2016/17

Midwinter

State Captain
What do Australian selectors do if they have a fit Starc, Hazlewood, Pattinson, Bird and Cummins? 5 genuinely excellent quick bowlers. Poor Sayers :(
Perhaps they might change their current policy and select the players with the best recent performances

:ph34r:

Midwinter

State Captain
Futures league

Qld have beaten the Bureaucrats inside 2 days

Qld all out 286, Preffer out for 99. Lynn out for 124, McAndrew 5/56
ACT 245 in 2nd innings Neser3/31, Doggert 3/51

Bluebaggers have a 21 run lead on the first innings Croweaters 239, Dalton with 94 following up his brace of tons last game.
NSW 4/39 in second dig, Winter 2/9

Tassie declared at 8/362 against the Vics Silk 161, C.Rose 22, Grimwade 3/86.
Vic 5/177 Short 72no, Quiney64 Bell 4/43, Rose 1/27

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sort of surprised Dalton hasn't debuted yet while Raphael continues his masterful body of work for SA.

Midwinter

State Captain
Shield

NSW v SA Ferguson making his best score for ages at a crucial time 75no out of 5/169. Cummins has 2/43 off 12 overs in his (seeming) debut for the Bluebaggers, Crane 1/24 off 5.

Qld cleaned up the Apple eaters for 150, Once Gorgeous George was gone only Milenko and Paine made any runs. Feldman in his first game after Chrissie 3/55 with and George 3/17
Burns made 61 off 75 to get the bananabenders away. Labuschagne 58no Qld 2/131

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Botha probably regrets not having a hit in the two day grade stuff this season given this selection. He doesn't even count as an overseas player anymore so given they picked Crane they presumably would've had no problem picking Botha if his form demanded it (and I think it would have at various points).
Nah, they're picking Crane because he's spinning it the other way to Somerville. Surely that's played a big part in him getting a game above the offies on their list.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah, they're picking Crane because he's spinning it the other way to Somerville. Surely that's played a big part in him getting a game above the offies on their list.
Yeah I don't mean they would've played Botha over Crane for this match. Just that the willingness to pick Crane, to me, indicates a desire to pick the best eleven regardless of former or even current international status, and I reckon there were games earlier in the season in which they might've thought Botha was part of that if he was in good grade form. I think if he realised that he might've actually played more than the Sydney T20.

Starfighter

If Pattinson wants to get back into the test team he's going to have to cut down that economy rate a bit i.e. stop bowling long hops you idiot.

Starfighter

Also, I can't help but notice that the Alice Springs pitch is significantly greener than all but one or two test pitches in this country over the past few years.