• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Offseason 2011

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
You can delete your own posts man.

edit>go advanced>delete message

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Joe Dawes made SACA bowling coach, not a bad choice I reckon.

Not surprising, as I alluded to a few weeks back, that Gillespie didn't even apply. Rumours are that he's offside with the SACA board and that's true to a degree but he was also never interested, working there isn't much fun. Dunno how Harrity stuck it out for so long, tbh. Watch for the bowling coach to be in the media a lot more, Dawes is pretty savvy.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Australian Cricketers' Association - News & Media - Article
Other changes futures cup 6 players over 23 in the futures cup,4 dayers replace 3 dayers,keep the 20/20 futures cup.
That's good news. I could understand the reduction in days for 2nd XI cricket/Futures League, as it could be a big strain on players who had Sat/Sun cricket as well, but in the end it's what you have to be doing as a professional cricketer, so you may as well get used to it.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Joe Dawes made SACA bowling coach, not a bad choice I reckon.

Not surprising, as I alluded to a few weeks back, that Gillespie didn't even apply. Rumours are that he's offside with the SACA board and that's true to a degree but he was also never interested, working there isn't much fun. Dunno how Harrity stuck it out for so long, tbh. Watch for the bowling coach to be in the media a lot more, Dawes is pretty savvy.
Looks like my info was wrong, Gillespie did apply (informally, I believe). He was asked as part of the interview process "Do you think we picked the right Darren?", regarding whether they should have pursued Lehmann instead of Berry.

What an ugly, manipulative question to ask.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Used to love going to day night shield matches at the MCG, great stuff. Remember a classic match, Vic v NSW, awesome finish.

brockley

International Captain
This on perth scorchers facebook.
"Perth Scorchers Stand by for BBL announcements about teams, players, season tickets and fixtures at the end of July!"

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
The State contracts should be named quite soon. It will be very interesting tbh, Brockley to confirm the dates.