• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Offseason 2011

brockley

International Captain
8 sides.
Probably 18-20 players for each team.
That means 144- 160 players.
Around 100 players took part in the kfc last year.
So thats an extra 44-60 players.
Extra players to come from futures cup,grade,the canberra comets,australia under 19's,ex players and kiwis with aussie passports.

How players chosen,ideas so far transfers,4 limit each side of top 32 players,aussie players unavailable,salaray cap 1 million $,,3 overseas likely with 2 playing.

Coaches confirmed greg shipperd,darren berry,darren leman,simon hemlot,doubt yet for coyle and arthur,mott likely for 1 sydney side,the NSW coach likely to be trevor bayliss unlikely to coach a sydney side.

Players likely to come back chris gayle,kieron polllard,adil rashid,Bravo, and rana naveed.
Afridi,tanvir,gul,prior,taylor and mccallum may come back.
Those unlikely to come back lumb,sajid mahmood,ryan detouschate,and dwayne smith.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
8 sides.
Extra players to come from futures cup,grade,the canberra comets,australia under 19's,ex players and kiwis with aussie passports.

How players chosen,ideas so far transfers,4 limit each side of top 32 players,aussie players unavailable,salaray cap 1 million $,,3 overseas likely with 2 playing.

Coaches confirmed greg shipperd,darren berry,darren leman,simon hemlot,doubt yet for coyle and arthur,mott likely for 1 sydney side,the NSW coach likely to be trevor bayliss unlikely to coach a sydney side.

Players likely to come back chris gayle,kieron polllard,adil rashid,Bravo, and rana naveed.
Those unlikely to come back lumb,sajid mahmood,ryan detouschate,and dwayne smith.
Please tell me that you've just not explained that properly...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't wait to check in here after a year to see how badly this has failed. Such a poorly thought through idea. At the very best, it'll go the way of the NBL or whatever the **** it's called. At it's very worst, it'll battle to make it through the first few months.

brockley

International Captain
The australian side has tests to early january,then the tri series with srilanka and india,so will be unavailable.
They are trying to get aussie players free for the season after this one.
1 of the melbourne sides is chasing shane warne,good luck.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The australian side has tests to early january,then the tri series with srilanka and india,so will be unavailable.
They are trying to get aussie players free for the season after this one.
1 of the melbourne sides is chasing shane warne,good luck.
Are Cricket Australia ********? How do they expect a domestic T20 tournament to be a success when the top Australian players aren't able to play?

brockley

International Captain
The itinnery was already in place under the FTP.
After 2012 a new FTP comes in place,so then cricket australia can plan for the kfc and internationals making an international gap.
I gather boxing day test and sydney test would go ahead,but the one dayers then could be played after the kfc cup.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
8 sides.

No ****.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
"Hey man, are you going to the game tonight? The Perth Scorchers are playing the Melbourne Stars!"

It might as well be a netball competition.

juro

U19 12th Man
I'll be watching with interest. Mind you, I won't be attending any games (young children to look after) and if it's not on free-to-air tv, I won't be watching any games either.

So I don't think I'll actually be watching a lot...

brockley

International Captain
I can see why the players are complaining some franchises will be worth 50 million,yet players will earn only from a 1 million dollar salary cap like state contracts.
For something that is mooted to be big,players should be paid handsonely,especially players like dan christian who may have to move interstate.
This thread will be busy this winter with player movements it ahould be exciting.
Allready tait and edmonsen on now playing 20/20 wonder how many will follow.

brockley

International Captain
Hope the NSW and vic teams heavil recruit from grade rather than going interstate their are heaps of good players in grade tim cruikshank,liam davis,ian moran,victoria theo doropoulos and that liam buchanan.
So heres' fingers crossed.
Wait to see what system in place.