• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Offseason 2011

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The State contracts should be named quite soon. It will be very interesting tbh, Brockley to confirm the dates.
Usually a good while after the Australian ones get named. Although it would probably be different this year considering the Aus ones were announced later than normal (I believe). June often marks the beginning of pre-season, I think.

brockley

International Captain
State contracts 14-18 players,rookies 3-6.
I thought round july could be june.
Done some digging nothing yet.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't fall for it Bench, Rob has no intention of uploading Chee-Quee footage. Just playing with your emotions.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Australian news: Futures League overhaul | Australia Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

ps for the sake of it, let's assume Greggy C was opposed to this
I feel physically sick at Greg Chappell not only ruining out test team but the entire generation of young players, to the extent that our Shield players can see the terrible difference between the old and new league, and if that was Chappell's idea then he really is a major major problem, 1000 times worse than Hilditch. Chappell has his claws into all levels of our cricket, does that scare any of you?? Im starting to feel sorry for the Indians who were shafted by GSC, can only imagine how much they hate him after he wrote of Tendulkar. FAIL FAIL FAIL.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
someone oughta make a thread dedicated to all the mistakes he's made with India, Australia, South Australia etc

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
I feel physically sick at Greg Chappell not only ruining out test team but the entire generation of young players, to the extent that our Shield players can see the terrible difference between the old and new league, and if that was Chappell's idea then he really is a major major problem, 1000 times worse than Hilditch. Chappell has his claws into all levels of our cricket, does that scare any of you?? Im starting to feel sorry for the Indians who were shafted by GSC, can only imagine how much they hate him after he wrote of Tendulkar. FAIL FAIL FAIL.
I don't think it's just Chappell's fault. I read somewhere that the young players going to the academy want to be trained in short format techniques, you know, clearing the leg out of the way and all that. They want the money to be made in T20. I can't blame them but that is never going to help the test team recover if young batsmen are going to be wanting to hit the ball in the air over the infield all the time.

And no bowlers now seem interested in the old-fashioned verities, ie the bowling of yorkers. Look at our test cricket bowlers, none of them prize accuracy at all. Hopefully, McDermott will change that he has made the right noises so far.

I'm no fan of Chappell but he isn't Voldemort after all, he hasn't got control over everything.