• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic off season 2020

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

at the risk of invoking the anger of GoodAreasShane, I struggle to see a full shield season going ahead. We've seen the smaller states close borders very quickly when spread is feared in Vic/NSW. A full 10 game season with NSW and Victoria in bubbles isn't a realistic idea. and of course, the number #1 prioirty for CA/ACA should and will be making sure C7/Foxtel can't re-write the broadcast deal.

My best guess: Nick Larkin is going to play for Ireland.

I'd like to really emphasise that this is a guess and that I am spreading no rumours. No rumours at all.
I was surprised after his BBL heroics that this didn't happen already

Burgey

Whatever the reason, the club and his family are very happy about it. Family has been through a hell of a lot the past two-three years

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Not budging one millimetre on this one. If CA don't move heaven and earth to get the Shield done in its entirety than that is an absolute dereliction of duty

No single decision could have a greater net negative effect on Australian cricket. None whatsoever.

Burgey

Cbf starting the UK LO tour thread, but hope Riley Meredith does well and gets a game. Kid bowls genuine gas and has a lot of talent. Potentially a world beater if he stays fit

chris.hinton

International Captain

at the risk of invoking the anger of GoodAreasShane, I struggle to see a full shield season going ahead. We've seen the smaller states close borders very quickly when spread is feared in Vic/NSW. A full 10 game season with NSW and Victoria in bubbles isn't a realistic idea. and of course, the number #1 prioirty for CA/ACA should and will be making sure C7/Foxtel can't re-write the broadcast deal.

I was surprised after his BBL heroics that this didn't happen already
5 game season? expand the one day tournament and played at one venue perhhaps

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As it stands, CA is going to have to bite the bullet & either create bubbles or charter planes to play a domestic season

Either way, it will cost them much more than an average season

stephen

So I only just learned that Elise Perry is a deeply flawed person. Sure she's a talented athlete, intelligent and beautiful but that's all undercut by a flaw so deep it's almost irredeemable - she's a Victorian.

All jokes aside, I hope she's fit for the NZ series.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Things getting pretty nasty on the broadcast front with the Ch 7 CEO multiple times publicly blasting the CA admin and threatening to rip up the deal.

The Ch 7 CEO may be a typical corporate hack but I have no sympathy for CA, they deserve everything they get. Instead of going for the Ch 10 option (whose BBL coverage had been very popular) of all BBL/Intl coverage staying on FTA, they went for the extra money offered by 7/Fox and as a result some of the BBL and all ODIs are gone from FTA screens.

stephen

Things getting pretty nasty on the broadcast front with the Ch 7 CEO multiple times publicly blasting the CA admin and threatening to rip up the deal.

The Ch 7 CEO may be a typical corporate hack but I have no sympathy for CA, they deserve everything they get. Instead of going for the Ch 10 option (whose BBL coverage had been very popular) of all BBL/Intl coverage staying on FTA, they went for the extra money offered by 7/Fox and as a result some of the BBL and all ODIs are gone from FTA screens.
And the extras money they got was literally about $10mn per year - $1.2bn over 6 years vs $950mn over 5 years - less than $10mn per year. Ridiculous. But then all the CA board wanted Foxtel to get the rights to keep the game away from the unwashed masses.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Not an expert on it, but can't help but sense moving CA governance away from state-based cricket associations towards 'modern' governing with independent directors early last decade is part of the reason for this particular mess.