• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic off season 2020

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Still no announcements, but there are still discussions going on with regards to starting the Shield in a hub here in Adelaide.

Still quite a lot of things that have to be worked out before such a thing could happen

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Being reported that Ch 7 are taking the first steps now to terminating their deal and not making their required payment instalment. What a mess.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
****ing hell, imagine if Nine gets the cricket back for a song and runs the tennis as well. Virtual summer sport monopoly

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
9 can realistically fill in the cricket with there schedule as well. Open starts one week after the last scheduled test match.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
****ing hell, imagine if Nine gets the cricket back for a song and runs the tennis as well. Virtual summer sport monopoly
It would be the biggest steal since Packer sold the network to Alan Bond for a billion and then bought it back for a quarter of the price three years later.

morgieb

Both parties look terrible here. Torn between wanting 7 to get ****ed but admitting they probably have the best coverage.

I still think the likely approach is 7 and CA renegotiating for a smaller contract.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
9 getting the Tests and Ch 10 the BBL would be the least worst option out of this mess.

The thing is that Ch 7's coverage of Test cricket was pretty good, generally less obnoxious was than Ch 9's in its last few years.

morgieb

Just hope they don't take Healy or Slater back.
I'm pretty sure they will, alas. It'd probably be something kind of like the old team sans Warne/Lawry/maybe KP, Nicholas and Chappell and with people like Ponting/Fleming (if 9 does pick up Tests). 10 having the BBL is a wildcard.

I get the feeling we'll see something like the BBL go fully to Fox but 7 keeping Tests.

morgieb

Lawry won't come back, doubt Chappell will either. Would Warne leave Fox to go back to 9? Doubt it.
Yeah hence "old team sans Warne and Lawry" :p

Chappell did do some punditry for 9 during the 2019 Ashes so I wouldn't completely rule out him staying with 9 on a part-time basis, though I agree it's not the most likely.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Half of the 7 team would be on contracts which would stop them jumping ship one imagines. We might not get Ponting if that's the case.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seven's issue is their advertisers have revised what they're willing to pay in this market and were trying to renegotiate based on that. Pulling the plug on the whole deal is a huge step though. Must have been some big time shenanigans behind the scenes for them to get to this stage.