• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic off season 2020

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FTA is a dying medium. Who wants to pay for a couple of hundred thousand views which aren't well targeted. Better to pay Google for a thousand qualified leads.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't see what CA has done wrong here apart from the original sin of not going with C10. This is all C7 wanting a discount and doing whatever it takes to get one.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't see what CA has done wrong here apart from the original sin of not going with C10. This is all C7 wanting a discount and doing whatever it takes to get one.
Yeah it's really just people schadenfreuding them over their original decision. Which is probably fine; they copped it at the time.

Burgey

Has anyone heard any scores out of the NSW intra-squad match going on the past couple of days?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Really excited to see Tanveer sangha picking up wickets. Was really good in the u19 world this year.

aussie tragic

International Captain
@Burgey

In reply to the Patterson XII 240, Nevill XII finished 5/244 (M Henriques 95, M Gilkes 64)

Pretty slow scoring for a 2 day trial match?

Last edited:

Burgey

Glorified net session I suspect, but yeah doesn’t look like they were cracking on

Burgey

I think so yeah. Not the fastest scoring ground if that’s where they played it

Shady Slim

International Coach
would be an utter travesty for the sport if the entire bbl goes behind a paywall tbh - not just because the bbl is great and kids love it and so on but because the next logical step is paywalling the test matches which would be a cardinal malfeasance

no sport should be behind a paywall tbh, let alone the national game. maybe ruggers can be, but that's only because anyone who cares about it has foxtel on their yacht anyway

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
meeting yourself in the door, is it
Both statements are true. FTA is becoming far less relevant and far harder to make profitable but many sports fans are unwilling to pay to watch sports. It basically means that spectator sports will end up as a niche interest in the future as people more and more switch to other entertainment mediums.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
In other news, in the first two Brisbane grade 50 over rounds there is bit to talk about

Lachlan Pheffer smashed 216, must admit I didn't realise he had quite that sort of striking power behind him, looked more a nick and nudge merchant from what I remember of him in his occasional QLD appearances. Centuries also to Usman Khawaja, Sam Heazlett and also 39 year old Steve Paulsen, who I must admit I had no idea was still playing at grade level. Like seeing things like that. On the bowling side of things former U19 representative paceman Connor Sully has been in the wickets with a five for today and 8 wickets at 10.63 all in all

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Both statements are true. FTA is becoming far less relevant and far harder to make profitable but many sports fans are unwilling to pay to watch sports. It basically means that spectator sports will end up as a niche interest in the future as people more and more switch to other entertainment mediums.
I think sporting rights will be split up into digital assets eventually. You'll see youtube and facebook vying for rights as opposed to the FTA channels.
A few years ago facebook made an (unsuccesfull) bid for the IPL and I think that'll become a major source of revenue stream for sporting bodies in the near future