• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aussie Fans misbehave again with Murali

Langeveldt

Soutie
The tone of some of the posters suggested an overwhelming "defending the egg throwers phenomenon" hidden and wrapped under some corporate bull **** !
I have already said that in another post that no matter how many medical tests Murali will undergo ,His image will remain as a chuker in some minds . It's not about the medical science or logic or sense. Thats what one should be expecting because humans are not the same . And these few dirty eggs don't represent the face of the society as a whole .
I have no problem with this egg throwing incident because thats what I expect from people coming from some 2 $ 30 cents worth families . They all are not like each other and there are some who might be interested in cricket and some who might be able to write trash in defense of those egg throwers on the forums and there will be some who will get over it and will sit back and enjoy the game .

haha! you rule

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's not much discussion to be had really. There is no excuse for throwing eggs at anyone, that's why most of the replies have been tongue-in-cheek.
There's tongue-in-cheek, and there's tongue-in-beak...

Hobart Shenanigans

The love affair between Muttiah Muralitharan and the great Australian public continues, with international cricket's first 'drive-by egging'. Sri Lanka's manager, Shriyan Samararatne, takes up the story: "Murali and a few other members of the party were walking back from a restaurant to the team hotel when they were shelled from a black car.

"I don't know eggsactly what happened, but the players are not going to be beaten by this kind of nonsense. As the first egg broke, the players scrambled into the hotel foyer and were quickly whisked away. There were no witnesses, so I'm a fried that no action can be taken at this time, but don't think omeletting it go. And there is no truth in the rumour that Murali was pickled."

DD's blog

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
There's tongue-in-cheek, and there's tongue-in-beak...

Hobart Shenanigans

The love affair between Muttiah Muralitharan and the great Australian public continues, with international cricket's first 'drive-by egging'. Sri Lanka's manager, Shriyan Samararatne, takes up the story: "Murali and a few other members of the party were walking back from a restaurant to the team hotel when they were shelled from a black car.

"I don't know eggsactly what happened, but the players are not going to be beaten by this kind of nonsense. As the first egg broke, the players scrambled into the hotel foyer and were quickly whisked away. There were no witnesses, so I'm a fried that no action can be taken at this time, but don't think omeletting it go. And there is no truth in the rumour that Murali was pickled."

DD's blog
:laugh:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Poor behaviour, and nothing to do with Murali or his bowling action as some idiot trying to make stupid jokes at the beginning of this thread tries to suggest...:dry:
"Sense of humour to aisle 3 please....sense of humour, aisle 3"

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not eggsactly the brightest people on Earth, whoever they are.

I mean, what kind of a sick yolk is that? :ph34r:

Slow Love™

International Captain
Haha, I remember that Prescott incident, got a fair bit of coverage here in Oz. Even though he was a fat pollie, most people wished he'd beaten the crap out of that red-faced ****. Unfortunately he was gotten the better of after a few seconds, and security had to intervene. Fully appropriate response though, IMO.

Wasn't there some incident concerning a Canadian PM or opposition leader a few years earlier that was similar? Might not have involved an egg as the catalyst though, so I might be drifting off-topic. :)

Matt79

Global Moderator
The tone of some of the posters suggested an overwhelming "defending the egg throwers phenomenon" hidden and wrapped under some corporate bull **** !
I have already said that in another post that no matter how many medical tests Murali will undergo ,His image will remain as a chuker in some minds . It's not about the medical science or logic or sense. Thats what one should be expecting because humans are not the same . And these few dirty eggs don't represent the face of the society as a whole .
I have no problem with this egg throwing incident because thats what I expect from people coming from some 2 $ 30 cents worth families . They all are not like each other and there are some who might be interested in cricket and some who might be able to write trash in defense of those egg throwers on the forums and there will be some who will get over it and will sit back and enjoy the game .
ummm, EVERYONE who's posted has started by saying "what morons, there's no excuse for doing that".

FRAZ

International Captain
God the media is a joke

An egg from a fast moving car which doesnt even hit Murali is suddenly used to bring out the old chestnut

Basically, a group of bogan two-heads had nothing better to do than throw eggs at innocent non-whites

By all means, kick the ****e out of them for being what they are but to bring the whole Murali thing up again is shameless

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not eggsactly the brightest people on Earth, whoever they are.

I mean, what kind of a sick yolk is that? :ph34r:
Just the usual media eggsaggeration, have come to expect it really.
Oh, I dunno, there's the odd decent enough egg in the media, though plenty of them do chicken-out of saying the right things in favour of what their audihence wants.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh, I dunno, there's the odd decent enough egg in the media, though plenty of them do chicken-out of saying the right things in favour of what their audihence wants.
I dunno what the fuss is about. SL would be better off with a battery of pace bowlers. If they then kept things tight, it would give their batsmen free range to express themselves.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, all-seam would end-up with SL having egg on their faces, I reckon - even half-a-dozen of them wouldn't match Murali. If they want to poach this CB Series he'll have to perform wonders. It'd be scrambled brains to go in without him.

Dusty Lee

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I'm not a fan of Murali's bowling, mainly because the rules were changed to keep him in the game but there is no way I can condone this sort of behavior by Aussie fans. I think people should think how they would like our cricketers treated overseas. I recently saw the episode of "Aussie goes Bolle" and what the crowd in Mumbai did to Symonds and the Aussies with there chants and abuses, and I was disgusted. Now we have Aussies doing practically the same thing to visiting cricketers. Its just not good enough, some people need to take a good look at themselves and grow up. If there is ever a time for the the term "It's UNAUSTRALIAN" this is it.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Absolutely irrelevant as to whether he approves of an egg being thrown at him - which he then goes onto say that he does not.

What's your problem? That some people don't like Murali or think that he throws it? That's a totally different question than "is it ok to throw eggs at people".

........ btw