• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aussie Fans misbehave again with Murali

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
God the media is a joke

An egg from a fast moving car which doesnt even hit Murali is suddenly used to bring out the old chestnut

Basically, a group of bogan two-heads had nothing better to do than throw eggs at innocent non-whites

By all means, kick the ****e out of them for being what they are but to bring the whole Murali thing up again is shameless

Matt79

Global Moderator
Collingwood supporters itbt.
Did you get those eggs I sent your way Zac? :ph34r:

Dire moronic behaviour by whoever did it. Doesn't seem clear it was targeting Murali, or the SL team, in particular, but that doesn't excuse the poorness of the action or the imbeciles who did it. Bring back public lashings I say :whip:

Son Of Coco

Aussie fans throw egg at Muralitharan

Australian fans showed no let up in their hostility towards Muttiah Muralitharan and a group of fans threw an egg on the Sri Lankan spin wizard's face in Hobart.

"An egg was thrown at Muralitharan and it struck him", a top Sri Lankan official said in Colombo adding, the authorities were looking into the incident that happened last night.

The Sri Lankans are in Australia to play a tri-nation ODI series which also involves India.

The Island Newspaper reported that Sri Lankan cricketers, including Muralitharan, were jeered and attacked by some local residents in Hobart when they were returning to their hotel after dinner last night.

"The Sri Lanka [Images] team management had then taken action to safely guide the players back to their hotel and the police arrived at the scene," the Newspaper said.

The off spinner has had a history of hostility with the Australian spectators, who have jeered him on previous tours, forcing him to stop going Down Under for some time.

Muralitharan was no-balled by Aussie umpires and the bowler had to undergo laboratory tests to prove the legality of his bowling action.

http://inhome.rediff.com/cricket/2008/feb/02murali.htm

Disgraceful.
It's not 'Australian fans', it's a group of idiots.

Son Of Coco

Disgusting behaviour from the Australian supporters to try and bring his action under scrutiny again by throwing the egg at him, rather than bowling it...
:laugh: :laugh:

They've been cleared by a WA university. Their egg throwing actions are within the legal limits.

Son Of Coco

Some Aussies are just the worst behaved people you'll find on earth. Feel sorry for Murli though, I don't know how anyone can dislike him so much. Just shows how some people are bitter over the fact he has better stats than Warne.
I think you need to visit a few more places before that assumption is reached. :happy:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Poor behaviour, and nothing to do with Murali or his bowling action as some idiot trying to make stupid jokes at the beginning of this thread tries to suggest...:dry:

social

Poor behaviour, and nothing to do with Murali or his bowling action as some idiot trying to make stupid jokes at the beginning of this thread tries to suggest...:dry:
Problem is that it has been picked up by Times of India, which in turn will be picked up by others, and before you know it millions will assume that it's true

http://cricket.indiatimes.com/Egg_thrown_on_Muralis_face_in_Australia/articleshow/2750698.cms

We all know that there are a heap of morons in Australia and that the team is hardly the poster-child for cricketing etiquette but this is little more than an attempt to build on the media momentum of the Harby case and Sydney test

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I should have added, 'all 12 of them' at the end of that
8 points this season, and still get an average home attendance of over 31,000.

I guess we must be too thick to change our allegiance to another team like the other bandwagon-jumpers who seem to epitomise the modern football supporter.

Who do you support this week? Arsenal or Chelsea?

;)