• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATG 'Mixed Experience' Test XI - Draft

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Shakib as your only spinner makes this an incredibly weak bowling line up for me, if we are taking ATG sides and just a flat batting track like Lords was this Ashes test, forget having to win in dustbowls...

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shakib as your only spinner makes this an incredibly weak bowling line up for me, if we are taking ATG sides and just a flat batting track like Lords was this Ashes test, forget having to win in dustbowls...
Great fast bowlers can win a game on anything. That's what makes them valuable. If you think Shakib as a sole spinner might not be good enough, fine, but there's no such rule that a dustbowl requires spinners to win you the game.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
tbh i didnt really have any chances at the spinners i wanted, except kumble
yeah, that is what I meant... if you had taken Kumble then and maybe some one else in the earlier round, the side would look much more rounded.. Fine batting line up though.. Really good..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Great fast bowlers can win a game on anything. That's what makes them valuable. If you think Shakib as a sole spinner might not be good enough, fine, but there's no such rule that a dustbowl requires spinners to win you the game.

It is a bit like saying a great spinner can still win you games on a greentop... Of course, the number of fast bowlers, and therefore the number of great fast bowlers, is much more than the respective numbers for spinners but that doesn't invalidate my point. I just do not see that attack blowing away ATG batting line ups on flat tracks.. (again, forget about dustbowls)

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
im too young tbh to give an opinion but did the windies big 4 quicks(one of who is in my team) in the 70/80s face any really good batting line ups during their dominant period?

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Mike Procter in Round 12

1. Sunil Gavaskar
2. Graham Gooch
3. Kane Williamson
4. Peter May
5. Neil Harvey
6. Patsy Hendren
7. Les Ames+
8. Imran Khan
9. Mike Procter
10. Michael Holding
11. Bill O'Reilly

12th Archie Maclaren

kingkallis

International Coach
Mike Procter in Round 12

1. Sunil Gavaskar
2. Graham Gooch
3. Kane Williamson
4. Peter May
5. Neil Harvey
6. Patsy Hendren
7. Les Ames+
8. Imran Khan
9. Mike Procter
10. Michael Holding
11. Bill O'Reilly

12th Archie Maclaren
You can swap Procter with Kapil if you want :D

Thats one hell of a team though.

kingkallis

International Coach
Denis Lindsay to keep wickets for my team.

CricZo XI

1. Len Hutton /
2. Herbert Sutcliffe /
3. Ted Dexter /
4. Lindsay Hassett /
5. Clive Lloyd / (c)
6. Doug Walters / o (5)
7. Denis Lindsay +
8. Kapil Dev o / (3)
9. Hedley Verity o (4)
10. Curtly Ambrose o (1)
11. Sydney Barnes o (2)
12. Fazal Mahmood o (4)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah mister in my opinion it just looks stronger with Malinga in the team. If he isn't bowling well Greig and Swaugh take be tidy.

Man AZH's team bats deep.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Aubrey Faulkner to give me some stronger batting, and an extra spinner.

Simpson
Morris
Turner
Barlow
Hussey
Faulkner
Dhoni
Akram
Trueman
Lock
Walsh

Not my greatest effort

Agent TBY

International Captain
Welp, kinda wish I'd taken Gower instead of Cook now, but oh well. Guess I'll finish off with another pacer.

1. Bruce Mitchell
2. Alastair Cook
3. Frank Worrell (*)
4. Garry Sobers (5)
5. Maurice Leyland
6. Mushtaq Mohammad (6)
7. Matt Prior (+)
8. Vernon Philander (3)
9. Harold Larwood (1)
10. Allan Donald (2)
11. Muttiah Muralitharan (4)

12. Tom Hayward