• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashwin for the Australia series

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I see Burgey’s found a new shtick. This will no doubt be repeated 10000x over the coming month or so until our eyes start bleeding.

Burgey

We’ll all know soon enough Daemon, my fragile-minded friend.

I don’t think it’s a particularly brave prediction tbh. The disparity between australias batting at home and away is massive. All you ****s whinge about it all the time. You can’t just ignore it when it suits you.

there’ll still be good match ups - am hoping Bumrah stays fit - he’s quality and awesome to watch.

Who’d have thought a few years back Ishant Sharma would potentially leave a massive hole in your line up? Hope he’s fit too. Unlike supporters of lesser nations, I don’t wish injuries upon opponents from anywhere. What’s his injury anyway?

OverratedSanity

Both Jadeja and Ashwin should be perfectly OK (by finger spinner in Australia standards). Ashwin did really well at Adelaide last time and even when he wasn't picking up wickets in Australia, I don't think he's been really carted around at 6 rpo like people make out. He's milked for runs but never really taken apart and I expect that to continue.

It's a pretty inconsequential conversation anyway imo. Will be shocked if any of the finger spinners are the ones making the big impact. How India go will be much more dependant on the batsmen and even more on whether the pacers can replicate some of the quality from the last tour. The only way Ashwin and Jadeja can contribute in wicket taking terms is if the pacers actually make inroads, otherwise it really doesn't matter.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Jadeja over Ashwin 100%, ashwin is a proven failure in aus, absolute worse case Jadeja averages 40 with the ball and performs how you'de expect ashwin to, and jadeja is a much better batsmen and fielder.

Hopefully ishant is fit for the series, think it'll be a pretty one sided series if India's pace attack aren't at there peak. Also hoping gill gets a game, was robbed of a test cap in nz.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jadeja over Ashwin 100%, ashwin is a proven failure in aus, absolute worse case Jadeja averages 40 with the ball and performs how you'de expect ashwin to, and jadeja is a much better batsmen and fielder.

Hopefully ishant is fit for the series, think it'll be a pretty one sided series if India's pace attack aren't at there peak. Also hoping gill gets a game, was robbed of a test cap in nz.
Ashwin has won us a test in Aus.. Jaddu is yet to do that

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Ashwin has won us a test in Aus.. Jaddu is yet to do that
What test did he bowl India to victory in? Closest thing I can think of is first test in the 2018 series and ashwin took 6/150 that match, wasn't a heroic effort. Pujara's batting efforts where far more important in that match.

Daemon

What test did he bowl India to victory in? Closest thing I can think of is first test in the 2018 series and ashwin took 6/150 that match, wasn't a heroic effort. Pujara's batting efforts where far more important in that match.
I mean it wasn’t a motm dominating performance or anything but he was instrumental in that win.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah Ash won us the test by being that good. Pujara s innings was obviously important too but u cud see what Ash can do when he has a world class pace battery around him. I do not see Jaddu doing that.

Having said that,. I still stand by my views expressed in my first post of this thread.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean it wasn’t a momdominating performance or anything but he was instrumental in that win.
He had a part in the victory obviously, and 6/150 is good for a wrist spinner in aus, but acting like that validates his middling performances in aus outside of that when others were just as big/more instrumental in the win than he was is stretching thing, I probably ****ed up using "failure" to describe Ashwin, his overall stats in aus are about even with Harbhajan and other Indian spinners in recent years, but my point still stands, I don't see how Jadeja could be any more middling then Ashwin with the ball, and his fielding, and more importantly batting are a huge asset to the side.

Daemon

He had a part in the victory obviously, and 6/150 is good for a wrist spinner in aus, but acting like that validates his middling performances in aus outside of that when others were just as big/more instrumental in the win than he was is stretching thing, I probably ****ed up using "failure" to describe Ashwin, his overall stats in aus are about even with Harbhajan and other Indian spinners in recent years, but my point still stands, I don't see how Jadeja could be any more middling then Ashwin with the ball, and his fielding, and more importantly batting are a huge asset to the side.
why did you correct my post to say ‘mom dominating’

reported for isr

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's an awful lot of humour in this thread.

ITBT if a finger spinner averages under 45 in Australia they've had a successful series.

trundler

The quality of posting in this thread is about what you would expect from our esteemed Indian and Australian members but the most lolworthy post in this thread is the suggestion that Smith hasn't been at his best since his return.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The quality of posting in this thread is about what you would expect from our esteemed Indian and Australian members but the most lolworthy post in this thread is the suggestion that Smith hasn't been at his best since his return.
Think he meant the return since lockdown in which case its probably fair enough, also high praise considering he is still doing rather well.