• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashwin for the Australia series

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
The quality of posting in this thread is about what you would expect from our esteemed Indian and Australian members but the most lolworthy post in this thread is the suggestion that Smith hasn't been at his best since his return.
iirc people were similarly downplaying Smith after his year long vacation too, and we all know how that turned out.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This is why I thought Pandya would be so useful for you guys. Even 8-12 over a day of decent stuff which doesn’t let the pressure off is really handy

what’s his injury anyway? Reading th past couple of pages it sounds alike he’s been out a while.

I love build ups to big series. Most interesting time imo is the discussion around team balance/ line ups etc.
what about Bhuvi Kumar? Is he crook as well? He’d be handy under lights and bowls tight
Some back issue for Hardik. He was managing it but finally went under the knife post World Cup and has not played or bowled much at all since. This IPL, he has been playing as a pure batsman, although I do think it might also be a case of Mahela waiting to unleash him only in the playoffs. They have like 20 coaches or something and they can do a lot of high intensity simulation in the nets etc. Remember how Bumrah made his test debut having not played any red ball cricket for more than 1 year.

Bhuvi is out with some kind of hammy issue. Not very sure of his or Ishant's recovery in time for this series although both of them got themselves out of the IPL to get fit for Australia, I think.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
iirc people were similarly downplaying Smith after his year long vacation too, and we all know how that turned out.
tall poppy syndrome. Been happening to Smith for years, people don't want to accept that he's as good as he is. "It's only been a year, it's just a form patch", "He plays on Australian roads", "It's only been 3 years, he won't maintain it", "Taking a year off will ruin him, he'll never be the same", "It's only been 7 years, he won't maintain it".
My personal favorite, "x bowler will figure him out, he just hasn't faced him yet".
And the Mr Miyagi special "his glaring technical issues will bring him undone"

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wonder if the Gabba will play much different in late January instead of November. Certainly we're less likely to see the storms roll in and the heat will be more baking at that time of year.

Shady Slim

International Coach
I wonder if the Gabba will play much different in late January instead of November. Certainly we're less likely to see the storms roll in and the heat will be more baking at that time of year.
so is it gonna play more like a bouncy road, as opposed to normally when it plays like a bouncy road?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
If some one is dept at playing at 40C, Indians and Aussies are the ones. None of the other cricketing nations experience such hot conditions, may be with Pakistan.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Do India pick hardik in the LO stuff if he's not bowling by the time they tour aus? Assuming not.
Probably not, but it's not an unreasonable selection if made, he is definitely among the top hit out from first ball batsman in India, maybe even the best now that Pant is fat.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Still would be tough for us to play with 5 bowlers and 6 batsmen in the LO formats. We are gonna get our arses kicked in the LO games IMO.