• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashwin for the Australia series

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Some corporate slogans make me feel physically nauseous.

“Heed your hunch” is one of them.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It'd be odd for Smith to fail this summer. He usually only does so in series that aren't very important. He and Warner will be wanting to post 800 runs each this series to make up for missing the last series against India.

Smith really only bothers making runs in the big series. The Ashes and India are the two biggest series we have and he averages 65 and 84 respectively against them.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If Pandya is fit to bowl like he normally does, then Jaddu plays ahead of Ashwin with Pandya at 6/7 depending on where you wanna bat Pant. I would bat Pant ahead of Pandya because I think Pant is the better batsman.

If Pandya is not fit, I would like to see both Ash and Jaddu play with Jaddu batting at 7 as the allrounder instead of Pandya.

But knowing how Virat and Shastri think, they will play 6 batsmen and hope Vihari can bowl 10 overs a day along with Jaddu to rest the seamers. I honestly think, given there will be long format fitness concerns, the 5 bowler theory with two spinners is the best bet.

Not sure about the D/N test though. Assuming Hardik is not fit as an allrounder for tests, I would go with Vihari and Jaddu for the first test since its the pink ball one, then play Jaddu + Ash in both the MCG and the SCG and then take a call at the Gabba based on that deck and how everyone has performed till then.

Are we sure we will get a test at Brisbane? Isn't there some tussle going on about the quarantine rules?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Honestly, objectively speaking, they should just play this in the UAE. The players are already there, the bio secure bubble infrastructure has already been set up as well. It should still count as away for India and home for Australia though.

Happy to play both Jadeja and Ashwin should that happen. Maybe even Kuldeep.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Queensland government has been pretty authoritarian on quarantine but there's no reason we couldn't play here. We might even be allowed crowds of 20k, which we've been having at the Gabba for the AFL.

srbhkshk

International Captain
If the ball moves off the straight Warner isn't making ****, if it doesn't good luck getting the Indian batsman out.

Burgey

Yeah, the Australian middle order always struggles when the ball doesn’t move at home...

Burgey

That’s one out of three.

see, saying “india will kill it on flat decks” ignores that’s literally bread and butter at home for Australian line ups, both batting and bowling. There’s no Arun Finch, Pillow Khawaja and Marcus Harris this series, it’s Warner, Labushagne and Smith.India’s bowlers won’t be getting 2.5 day rests between digs. Cummins et al won’t be working hard then getting only two sessions rest before having to crank it up again. And they’re all coming at India with a massive point to prove.

It’s going to be a pizzling. Sorry, but it is.

Burgey

I think Kohli and Pujara will bat well again, they’re two of the best players going around. But there’s going to be a lot more score board pressure. There was none last time.

like, if it’s 2-1 australias way, it’ll be a good result for India. Truly