• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are you happy with Afghanistan vs Australia match result ?

Are you happy with yesterday’s match result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sunil1z

International Regular
Congratulations to Maxwell for an ATG innings . But I really hope yesterday’s match don’t destroy the Afghans mentally. I am extremely upset with yesterday’s result. This WC has given so much hope and confidence to Afghanistan cricket team . Hope Maxwell hasn’t destroyed it all .

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Strange question. It's less important which team I supported when I saw history being made. I am happy I saw it (some parts only regrettably).

Sunil1z

International Regular
Strange question. It's less important which team I supported when I saw history being made. I am happy I saw it (some parts only regrettably).
At the start of the match I knew Afghans are no match for Australia. But when Warner was dismissed, I was firmly supporting Afghan. It was so heartbreaking to see Maxwell destroying Afghan bowlers and undoing all the good work
I wouldn’t even be slightly upset if Australia had won this game by 8/9/10 wkts.

Last edited:

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Lives in Oz but is from England I believe @Line and Length to confirm
True. Arrived in Oz almost 70 years ago. Support England in Ashes encounters as I follow the underdog.

@Athlai is quite correct when he says I support W.A.
W.A. cricketers and the W.A. team have been a part of my life.
Barry Shepherd (2 Tests) taught my brother, John Rutherford (1 Test) taught at my High School and I played with Bob Massie at Club level (and against Tony Lock).

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Congratulations to Maxwell for an ATG innings . But I really hope yesterday’s match don’t destroy the Afghans mentally. I am extremely upset with yesterday’s result. This WC has given so much hope and confidence to Afghanistan cricket team . Hope Maxwell hasn’t destroyed it all .
Wat? I can't even begin to comprehend this?

How the hell are they going to be mentally destroyed??? They've had a fantastic WC only lost to one of the top sides by one of the greatest innings ever played. I'm sure it will sting for 24hrs because they probably thought they had it in the bag.......but they've kicked some serious goals in this tourney and will walk away a prouder more confident side for it.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At the start of the match I knew Afghans are no match for Australia. But when Warner was dismissed, I was firmly supporting Afghan. It was so heartbreaking to see Maxwell destroying Afghan bowlers and undoing all the good work
I wouldn’t even be slightly upset if Australia had won this game by 8/9/10 wkts.
Afghanistan were definitely favourites in these conditions and for most of the game showed why. They went from 60/40 favourites to 80/20 when they won the toss. The result was an upset srs

Sunil1z

International Regular
Wat? I can't even begin to comprehend this?

How the hell are they going to be mentally destroyed??? They've had a fantastic WC only lost to one of the top sides by one of the greatest innings ever played. I'm sure it will sting for 24hrs because they probably thought they had it in the bag.......but they've kicked some serious goals in this tourney and will walk away a prouder more confident side for it.
Because Afghanistan is not an established cricket nation. Matches like this can give rise to self-doubt and they might develop Choking character.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
True. Arrived in Oz almost 70 years ago. Support England in Ashes encounters as I follow the underdog.

@Athlai is quite correct when he says I support W.A.
W.A. cricketers and the W.A. team have been a part of my life.
Barry Shepherd (2 Tests) taught my brother, John Rutherford (1 Test) taught at my High School and I played with Bob Massie at Club level (and against Tony Lock).
Do you reckon Tony chucked his quicker one?

ashley bach

International Captain
I'm torn in two regarding the result.

On one hand it would have been hilariously funny to see Oz lose, but on the other hand(the more important hand) it would have decreased NZ's hope.