• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are you happy with Afghanistan vs Australia match result ?

Are you happy with yesterday’s match result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was going for Afghanistan for nearly the whole game, and hoping Maxi would get like a 70* while running out of partners. The thought of a minnow making a top 4 is definitely exciting. Was hyped watching Rashid bat also.

Then when Maxi's cramps started and he kept hitting boundaries it became pretty hard to want anything other than the result we got

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aus doesn't lose to second tier nations at WCs since the Zimbabwe 83 fiasco. It's like they learned the lesson early. Last night confirmed the Gods have deemed it will be thus forevermore.

mr_mister

Also, as a Maxi fan, it alway was some consolation before 2019 that his mediocre ODI record at least featured an awesome 2015 WC, was hoping hard he'd kill it in 2019 too and have an unorthodox claim to being considered an ATG based on WC performances. 2019 brought his WC stats right back down to earth

and now his last 3 innings have pushed them right back into an insane echelon, it's so good

Overall WC average of 50 with S/R of 160

Sunil1z

International Regular
Also, as a Maxi fan, it alway was some consolation before 2019 that his mediocre ODI record at least featured an awesome 2015 WC, was hoping hard he'd kill it in 2019 too and have an unorthodox claim to being considered an ATG based on WC performances. 2019 brought his WC stats right back down to earth

and now his last 3 innings have pushed them right back into an insane echelon, it's so good

Overall WC average of 50 with S/R of 160
Maxwell WC record is like Ganguly. No one will take it seriously.( Both bashed minnows in WC ).

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
I didn't feel good for the Afghanistan players. Wish it was some other team, would've been a lot more enjoyable. They've been at the receiving end of multiple similar losses.

Also, Afghanistan needs a bowling coach. If they already have a bowling coach, he needs to be fired. Maxwell was not moving his feet at all due to cramps/injury, if they would've bowled wide and set the field accordingly, Maxi would've found it a lot more difficult. He might have countered that too, you never know. But that was a common sense move. Even at lower levels of cricket, the fielding team would've pushed the batter to fetch it from outside off if he couldn't move his feet due to some niggle.

Himannv

International Coach
I'm generally happy with this WC and whoever wins deserves it. The games (especially the ones at the latter stage of the tournament) have been great with a reasonable amount riding on the result in terms of points/bragging rights/whatever.

Puts ODI cricket back to where it should be as the best format of the sport. Hope we now see less Tests and T20s and more of the 50-over format.

Sunil1z

International Regular
I would have agreed before the last few innings

In a week he's claimed like 5 individual batting WC records
Ganguly scored century against Kenya in WC semi-final (2003 WC ) . Still we consider him minnow-basher at WC .

Maxwell 3 tons are against: SL , NED and AFG . This is right in Ganguly zone who smashed Kenya , SL and Namibia in WC.

mr_mister

Ganguly scored century against Kenya in WC semi-final (2003 WC ) . Still we consider him minnow-basher.

Maxwell 3 tons are against: SL , NED and AFG . This is right in Ganguly zone who smashed Kenya , SL and Namibia in WC.
I hear what you're saying, I know the quality of teams is lacking a bit, but we still go nuts for records. Kapils 175, Viv's 181, SL's 396, all against weak sides, probably plenty more too. super memorable and rare feats can last long in the memory of fans and Maxi has just played 2 incredible innings

mr_mister

Maxwell played ATG knocks but he isn’t ATG ODI player yet ( My opinion may change after SF and Final)
Fair enough. Yeah I guess with his career record being so meh (batting average wise anyway) it probably would take some KO performances as an extra feather to go with other 2 things. It's definitely helped bring his legacy a quantum leap forward though

He's probably jumped from in the conversation of 10th ATG XI to 3rd or 4th ATG XI or something in a week based on these freakish tons

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maxwell played ATG knocks but he isn’t ATG ODI player yet ( My opinion may change after SF and Final)
I think this a very fair summation of him tbh. Probably getting to the point where he's in the Aus AT middle order as a spin bowling all rounder though.

Flem274*

123/5
Gutted for Afghanistan even though it might have knocked us out (serves us right for not closing out 3 games tbh). Their government is an issue. Cricket isn't exactly flush with countries who elect sensible governments but I don't really want to derail the thread over what should happen to all members of the Taliban (hellfire on earth).
I will never know happiness as long as vast parts of the anglosphere ban medium and high density residential buildings in favour of low density single family buildings
Get involved. Put yourself in a position to write the policy and consider the consents. Even better, run for office and help us out. Your law likely favours this **** (I haven't checked) and the public service must follow the law.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I was definitely supporting Afg but come on, when such an innings happens, just gotta admire.

I do hope Afghanistan players can pick themselves up. I think they will given they are probably the ones most deserving to repeat Keith Miller's lines among the teams in the WC today.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Yes , wanted to face Australia in the semi finals..If there is one team that brings the best out of this current SA team. It's the Aussies