• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

PY

International Coach
Ralph @ 5.7m at the moment Rob, how much you got stashed for him?

I'm hoping for same as you, need home games against decent teams who I can beat. Last year, got to 6th round (all away games) then came up against Jai Hind who had vastly superior ratings and got dumped out the cup. Ended up being barely any money, just free increases to my morale and fitness for the league.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah looks like I'll be bowing out in Round 3 again.

East Bentleigh Central CC
Top Order: respectable
Middle Order: strong
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: proficient
Spin Bowling: strong
Fielding: woeful

Meh, have no interest in the cup really. Just in it for the eventual home game, which I'm getting now, so I'm happy enough.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I've got 8mil in the bank right now, with Mills up for sale for 1.5mil. I've also got my YP up for sale, listed him for 100k, got a fairly quick bid and now he's 102k. So, hopefully, hopefully Mills sells, which'll give me in the region of 9.5mil.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
You should be able to beat that guy regardless Rob, he's only got one decent bowler. If it helps, I think Follett is sensational/exceptional or something like that, he was on the market a week or two ago.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
All on one player when you can get two remarkables for that! :p
Haha, remarkable secondaries? Seriously though, I don't think I'd be able to find two remarkables for 9.5mil, let alone two decent ones - and I have no room to train anyone - the most I'd be able to give Ralph is a fitness net to get him to superb stamina. Anyway, Ralph ticks every box for me - attacking, seamer, awesome primary & secondary, plus he's captaincy material.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
A bit of bot bashing today, rolled them for 89 with Sishayi getting four, Priyantha getting three and Cooksey getting two. That was Sishayi and Cooksey best games for us. Got the runs with nine wickets to spare, a bit disappointed to lose a wicket though. A bit disappointed with the ratings, i played a 2nd string bowling attack, with my two worse seamers (Respectable/Feeble & Competent/Competent), but i didn't expect to get a feeble seam rating. Hopefully i get a real team next round, but last season i got a bot in the 3rd round.

Ratings

Top Order: Respectable
Middle Order: Mediocre
Lower Order: Abysmal
Seam Bowling: Feeble
Spin Bowling: Mediorce

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Gah, wake up to find I lost to Patrick.

My main performers were the same as in the last match - Laws with the ball, and Parr with the bat. Rest were pretty bad though.

Well played Nath. :)
Cheers Halsey. Great game tbh, didn`t think my batsmen were up to it. Got yourself some top youngsters that`ll only get better with training.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Best victory everrrrrr!!!

Match was gone, over, done and dusted.

Code:
End of Over 48: 259-5, runrate=5.40, reqrunrate=3.00 (264-3)
Sambrook	9-0-53-0
Poole*	137 (157 balls)
Bentley	44 (34 balls)
I was surely going to lose, but in comes Mr. Hodge.

Code:
48.1 	W	Hodge to Poole
 	 	How is that? He's given him out LBW! The umpire must have seen something I didn't.
48.2 	W	Hodge to Mann
 	 	An edge, well taken by second slip.
48.3 	W	Hodge to Tailor
 	 	Tailor looked to have played a perfect shot past the bowler... but no! Hodge stretches out with near-elastic arms and takes an impossible catch.
48.4 	W	Hodge to Gradley
 	 	Edged and out. Well that is as simple as it gets folks.
48.5 	W	Hodge to Corden
 	 	There is no sweeter sound in cricket than the sound of the bails clattering to the floor, so it's no wonder that Hodge is pleased. Bowled him!
Next 5 balls = five wickets = victory!

And Allan says there's no problem with collapses...

My cup game is a borefest, they're 28-3 off 18 overs, so basically just hanging around whilst stuffing my bowlers' PFLs a little (should recover fully in time tho).

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Justin Mills (971471)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, mediocre bowling form, changeable
A steady player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Victoria Panthers
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 6,854
Wages: £994 p/w

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: woeful Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

Can Scaly or anyone tell me how close he is to popping in batting or keeping?
Scaly?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Cheers Halsey. Great game tbh, didn`t think my batsmen were up to it. Got yourself some top youngsters that`ll only get better with training.
Thankyou Nath, none of them are 17 but hopefully they'll get to be decent by the time I'm in V next year.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Tawonga TIgers beat Henry's Dream. We bowled them all out with Weerappuli taking 4 wickets. Slaytor made a fine ton for Fuller's team. Can't believe I won TBH.
Chasing 300 on a slow wicket was always going to be tough, especially with my dodgy middle order. Nice to see Slaytor make a century though. Only played 5 or so games for me, and never made more than 60.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Doyley doing it again - proving to be a fine signing for me, but need to convert 198-2 into 270+

May rearrange the top order a bit soon - Mosheua not doing the job I want of him as yet.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm i got this side next round, a tough match for me.

N88 XI
Top Order: strong
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: worthless
Seam Bowling: mediocre
Spin Bowling: feeble
Fielding: woeful

Interesting they lost their league match to a side that came 3rd in my league three seasons ago, Bobbator, when i was in Div IV. They only had a med/med batting, feeble seam and strong spin bowling, so if they can beat we should a good chance.

Looking at their batting they seem to have a superb (4k wages) opening, a an exceptional (17k wages) at number 3, with proficients batting around them. Imithiyaz, Blobbator's spinners, looks like his only superb (4.6 k). So if a superb spinner can run through their batting line up then, Jeithoon should be a good shot. They got the home game, so it would be interesting to see what ground they choice. I got some fairly easy TIEs coming up in the league so i might GFI.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
And Allan says there's no problem with collapses...
Haha yeah, that's pretty much the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Especially considering the match situation. They only needed 6 and had two overs to get them, no team in the history of ever is going to lose 5 wickets like that in that situation.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 50: 320-1, runrate=6.40
Viljoen 10-0-75-0
Osman* 144 (141 balls)
Kemp 33 (22 balls)

Status
Not open for further replies.