• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Code:
End of Over 50: 264-3, runrate=5.28
Bentley		10-1-59-1
Heads*		17 (14 balls)
Jephcott	120 (151 balls)
A decent total. Dylan came out of the blocks on fire, but fell for 80. Jephcott toughed out a laboured hundred, but made it look reasonably respectable by smashing it towards the end.

They've started well though, need to get Poole (who's a keeper with a 70k BTR, wages £11,983 p/w) if I'm to have a chance.

Code:
End of Over 9: 54-0, runrate=6.00, reqrunrate=5.15 (264-3)
Hodge		5-0-18-0
Poole*		41 (42 balls)
Partridge	10 (12 balls)

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha wow, Pugh - fair gun. I don't think he'll sell for under 10mil, but it's really good for me because people may lose interest in Ralph and go after the bigger fish.

So, ah, Adam, could do with that early bid on Mills? :shy:

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Justin Mills (971471)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, mediocre bowling form, changeable
A steady player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Victoria Panthers
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 6,854
Wages: £994 p/w

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: woeful Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

Can Scaly or anyone tell me how close he is to popping in batting or keeping?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Brackenhurst - 304/5 after 50 overs
Abbey 102 (109)
Hindle 87 (96)
Read 64* (42)
Hamlin 24 (27)

Gunned it. Lake has taken an early wicket, so we`re in a good position.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Fuller's team should get by easily. My opening bowlers are fairly poor and I don't know if my spinners will contain the batsmen enough.

Predicting you'll knock it off in over 42.
Lost Mabaso early, which is fine as he's mainly at the top because he has good stamina, but Camilleri was a big loss. Need a big ton from one of the guys in at the moment.

Code:
End of Over 12: 69-2, runrate=5.75, reqrunrate=6.00 (296-10)
Brayley	1-0-6-0
Slaytor*	35 (32 balls)
Bell	7 (7 balls)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha wow, Pugh - fair gun. I don't think he'll sell for under 10mil, but it's really good for me because people may lose interest in Ralph and go after the bigger fish.

So, ah, Adam, could do with that early bid on Mills? :shy:
Haha, no, not for 1.5m.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Code:
25.6 	W	Pryde to Dumas
 	 	That’s close, the umpire has signalled for the third umpire…… ooh, short by a whisker.
25.5 	.	Pryde to Dumas
 	 	Swing and a miss, Pryde will be encouraged by that one.
25.4 	W	Pryde to Rice
 	 	That's a classy looking drive with one major problem, he missed the ball. The clatter of the ball hitting the stumps confirms his departure.
25.3 	.	Pryde to Rice
 	 	Rice flashes at it, but gets nothing on it and Heads gathers.
25.2 	W	Pryde to Partridge
 	 	Out! Short ball that kept low and crashed into Partridge's pads. The umpire had no other option than to raise his finger and send Partridge packing!
25.1 	4	Pryde to Partridge
 	 	That is the most sumptuous of cover drives. It raced to the boundary like a tracer bullet.
Gets me back in the match. RRR is close to 6 for them, but Poole is still in so he could go beserk. Need a few more.

Bobisback

International Regular
End of Over 32: 204-1, runrate=6.38, reqrunrate=8.17 (350-3)
Rowney 6-0-35-1
Hocking* 124 (107 balls)
Hiller 0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: Gravey b. Rowney 76 (FOW: 204/1)
31.6 W Rowney to Gravey
That's a beautiful googly. Gravey swiped wildly but missed and the click of the stumps was heard.

Hocking and Hiller in, i needed Gravey out a few overs earlier though. Doubt it can chase it.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Ferocious Fuglies 218ao (48.1)
Flitney 5/54 (9)
Payton 2/44 (9.1)
Mulholland 1/48 (10)

Anchormen 0/220 (36)
Gray 131* (106)
Mcmillan 85* (113)

Anchormen wins by 10 wickets.

MotM: Gray (131*)

Solid win there - was probably alot easier than I'd expected. Mulholland got his first ever wicket - and it was their gun batsman/WK with wages of 10,000 for 2. That makes it a very good start to the season for me - I've TIEd and won both my cup games and won my league game. Solid ratings on a TIE -

Anchormen
Top Order: quality
Middle Order: feeble
Lower Order: worthless
Seam Bowling: mediocre
Spin Bowling: strong
Fielding: woeful

Bobisback

International Regular
End of Over 43: 280-1, runrate=6.51, reqrunrate=10.14 (350-3)
Rees 7-0-47-0
Hocking* 146 (135 balls)
Hiller 50 (38 balls)

funnily enough the run a ball they're going at isnt bringing down the RRR. I knew i should have GFI'd

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Brackenhurst - 304/5 after 50 overs
Abbey 102 (109)
Hindle 87 (96)
Read 64* (42)
Hamlin 24 (27)
Laws 2/53 (10)

defeated

Halsey`s Sloggers - 256/10 after 46.5 overs
Parr 88 (87)
Ricketts 51 (30)
Littlefair 45 (73)
Ballard 3/45 (8.5)
Wright 3/49 (10)
Lake 2/73 (10)

Happy with that, good close match. Lake was expensive, but his early wickets were exaclty what we needed to win, and then the rest of the bowlers choked them for runs. Wright took his first wickets for me. A lot of positives.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:( Gutted, we were so evenly matched, and i GFIed

Lost by 2 wickets. They needed 5 off the last over, a four off the 1st ball tied it up, then a Wicket & dot ball in consecutive deliveries from Meyer gave me a sniff, but a single was taken off the 4th ball :(

Stroud was the star with the bat again, scoring 91, but he didn't have enough support, with only 2 others making over 30 as i was bowled out for 254 in the 47th over.

Meyer took 4-54 from 9, whilst Groves was again expensive for just the 1 wicket. Unless he starts to dominate the div 5 batsmen, and get more than 1/2 wickets a match, i'm thinking of selling him, as he just hasn't performed well enough.

Code:
Clapo's XI Eastern Rangers 
Top Order: competent competent 
Middle Order: mediocre feeble 
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal 
Seam Bowling: competent mediocre 
Spin Bowling: useless competent 
Fielding: woeful woeful
Ratings suggest i should've just had the edge :(

Bobisback

International Regular
Turns out i did GFI, and still i lost by 18 runs :(

Hocking got his highest score, 175, oh well, back to friendlies

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Best victory everrrrrr!!!

Match was gone, over, done and dusted.

Code:
End of Over 48: 259-5, runrate=5.40, reqrunrate=3.00 (264-3)
Sambrook	9-0-53-0
Poole*	137 (157 balls)
Bentley	44 (34 balls)
I was surely going to lose, but in comes Mr. Hodge.

Code:
48.1 	W	Hodge to Poole
 	 	How is that? He's given him out LBW! The umpire must have seen something I didn't.
48.2 	W	Hodge to Mann
 	 	An edge, well taken by second slip.
48.3 	W	Hodge to Tailor
 	 	Tailor looked to have played a perfect shot past the bowler... but no! Hodge stretches out with near-elastic arms and takes an impossible catch.
48.4 	W	Hodge to Gradley
 	 	Edged and out. Well that is as simple as it gets folks.
48.5 	W	Hodge to Corden
 	 	There is no sweeter sound in cricket than the sound of the bails clattering to the floor, so it's no wonder that Hodge is pleased. Bowled him!
Next 5 balls = five wickets = victory!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Tawonga TIgers beat Henry's Dream. We bowled them all out with Weerappuli taking 4 wickets. Slaytor made a fine ton for Fuller's team. Can't believe I won TBH.

PY

International Coach
Calicut CC - 35 all out (20.1 overs)

Craddock - 2/11
Sekani - 3/4
Singh - 1/8
Bardle - 1/9
Liyanage - 1/1

Boggles - 37/0 (4.1 overs)

Chanderpaul 18* [9]
Abdul kadir 17* [16]

Ratings on TIE:
Code:
		Boggles
Top Order:	respectable
Middle Order:	respectable
Lower Order:	abysmal
Seam Bowling:	proficient
Spin Bowling:	respectable
Fielding:	woeful
Ratings steadily improving with fitness and morale. Though has anyone else noticed their fitness and morale not changing as quick as they did before? I've won all 3 games this season and my morale is still joyous.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Gah, wake up to find I lost to Patrick.

My main performers were the same as in the last match - Laws with the ball, and Parr with the bat. Rest were pretty bad though.

Well played Nath. :)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh dear. I've landed myself what you'd class as a fairly solid opponent in just the 3rd round of the Cup :@ At least I've begun my run of home games.

Milton's XI
Top Order: quality
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: competent
Spin Bowling: competent
Fielding: mediocre

His ratings are largely due to one gun batsman with wages of £50,000, but he has a solid team. If I manage to get Ralph, then I think I should be alright. Hopefully I win this one, and get similar home fixtures - tight, but winnable - in the Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.