• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another "bid for position" draft?

Himannv

International Coach
01. Sachin Tendulkar
02. Chris Gayle
03. Virat Kohli
05. Andrew Symonds
07. Mark Boucher*
08. Brett Lee
09. Darren Gough
10. Nathan Bracken
11. Saeed Ajmal

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Player NameStyle
Saeed AnwarLHB, SLA
Tilakaratne DilshanRHB, ROS
Usman KhawajaLHB, RM
AB De VilliersRHB, RM
MS Dhoni © (Wk)RHB, RM
Angelo Matthews (vcRHB, RMF
Gary GilmourLHB, LFM
Sunil NarineLHB, ROS
Mitch StarcLHB, LF
Kagiso RabadaLHB, RF
Curtly AmbroseLHB, RF

Lots of fast bowling, lots of batting, part time spin of Dilshan and Anwar. Pretty happy with the side, although I should confess I picked Gary Gilmour without realizing I already had Mitch Starc. If I can change one player now, I would love to do that.

kingkallis

International Coach
Player NameStyle
Saeed AnwarLHB, SLA
Tilakaratne DilshanRHB, ROS
Usman KhawajaLHB, RM
AB De VilliersRHB, RM
MS Dhoni © (Wk)RHB, RM
Angelo Matthews (vcRHB, RMF
Gary GilmourLHB, LFM
Sunil NarineLHB, ROS
Mitch StarcLHB, LF
Kagiso RabadaLHB, RF
Curtly AmbroseLHB, RF

Lots of fast bowling, lots of batting, part time spin of Dilshan and Anwar. Pretty happy with the side, although I should confess I picked Gary Gilmour without realizing I already had Mitch Starc. If I can change one player now, I would love to do that.
Anwar bowled? I do not remember seeing him bowl.

kingkallis

International Coach
CricZo XI

Mark Waugh / o (6)
Quinton de Kock / +
Ricky Ponting /
Inzamam ul Haq /
Clive Lloyd / (c)
-
Abdul Razzaq o / (4)
Wasim Akram o /(1)
Brad Hogg o / (5)
Craig McDermott o (3)
Glenn McGrath o (2)

Himannv

International Coach

Little bit tricky as there were a couple of batsmen I wanted. Will take Steve Smith as I think he's the better one.

01. Sachin Tendulkar
02. Chris Gayle
03. Virat Kohli*
04. Steve Smith
05. Andrew Symonds
07. Mark Boucher+
08. Brett Lee
09. Darren Gough
10. Nathan Bracken
11. Saeed Ajmal

kingkallis

International Coach
He will score a quickfire 35-40 each game and will save 35-40 as well which gives me a perfect offside field for my team. Ponting, Rhodes, Waugh!

Jonty Rhodes

Jonty-Rhodes.jpg

kingkallis

International Coach
CricZo XI

Mark Waugh / o
Quinton de Kock / +
Ricky Ponting /
Inzamam ul Haq /
Clive Lloyd / (c)
Jonty Rhodes /
Abdul Razzaq o /
Wasim Akram o /
Brad Hogg o /
Craig McDermott o
Glenn McGrath o

- A dynamic leader leading my team with the help of another world cup winning captain.
- Let's talk about the batsmen who piled on more than 45,000 ODI runs during their career.
- Stunning opening pair of Mark Waugh & Quinnie de Kock who can give my team a blistering start which can then be utilized by one of the best batsman of our era, Ricky Ponting & one of the very best from Pakistan, Inzamam ul Haq.
- Clive Lloyd, Jonty Rhodes & Abdul Razzaq can attack the opposition bowlers to score 150-160 in last 20 overs without taking any serious risk as they did it effectively in the era where 90 runs in last 10 was a rarity.
- Wasim Akram, Brad Hogg were no sloggers and they too played some memorable knocks in ODI to win games for their teams.
- Quinton de Kock is one of the finest gloveman of last 10-15 years without any doubt.
- A fielding unit that consists of Rhodes, Ponting, Waugh, Lloyd, Razzaq, Hogg simply the opposition batsmen will have to work really hard for those singles or airborne shots.
- When it comes to bowling, I can happily say that I have one of the best ODI pair to destroy the oppositions - Wasim Akram & Glenn McGrath.
- Craig McDermott was one of the most successful ODI bowler of the 90s and will be supported by Razzaq who himself have more than 250 ODI wickets under his kitty.
- Brad Hogg is regarded as one of the finest ODI spinner by many CWers and I am one of them. He did a fine fine job in maintaining that ER of 4.51 in that strong Aussie team where opposition was always going to target Hogg in the presence of McGrath, Gillespie, Lee & Warne.
- That's a bowling unit which has more than 1600 ODI wickets under their belt!