• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anderson to end Test career this summer

Third_Man

U19 Vice-Captain
It's very Bazball to choreograph one's intentions well in advance.

Incidentally, I reckon in the unlikely event that Jimmeh does have an excellent summer after all then he will actually be continued with. So there's still hope left for people not named Sam Cook.
He won't have an excellent summer. That would be impossible with max 2 warm up games for Lancashire, maybe fewer, and then just a single Test. His summer will be over before the remaining five other tests. Even 8 wickets against the Windies doesn't mean an excellent summer.

Lancashire have not said anything yet. Every team selection includes a list of IPL absentees, an update on Mahmood's fitness etc. but the announcements have never mentioned Anderson and there is no statement yet today. Will he ever play for them again?

Much better to get it over with agree a farewell at Lords in the first WI test, rather than at Old Trafford for the first SL test.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Anderson has himself said it'd be a stretch to make the Ashes in 18 months time but quite frankly he's the only one of our seamers who is pretty consistently fit.

Robinson will be out injured reaching for a second course, Wood will get injured buckling himself into the plane and Archer will get run over by a suitcase.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope not. Listened to him on a podcast a couple of times. Him in a commentary box would be painful.
What the incredibly popular Tailenders podcast, he's done commentary he is good at it, not as good as Broad, but he's pretty personable.

Again though as I'm posting in this thread I want to again say this is an appalling decision and makes me wish Bazza would **** off.

I mean clearly him and Stokes get on well and like ****ing playing golf, but stokes says again and again he wants the likes of Foakes, Leach and Anderson in his side because they're the best at what they do, yet (admittedly Leach probably injured) we'll have none of them for people that are just all-round mediocre.

Yeah I'm over-reacting but I don't ****ing care we have not got one better seam bowler than Jimmeh to line up, let alone three or four.

Last edited: