• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Restricted Draft

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
It looks like just 8 starters. Should be some quality teams!

Randomised draw: -

ROUND 1

honestbharani
trundler
Andrew B
ataraxia
Line & Length
king kallis
Teuton
JOJOXI
Weldone

Late arrivals may join before Round 2 starts - add name to bottom of Round 1 draw.

Round 2 is reverse of Round 1

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
When can we pick?

And I think this site might help for the purposes of this draft if you are not sure:

https://www.howmanysyllables.com/

Upto you L&L but if you think this site can be trusted, we can use this one in case any of us are not able to agree on how many syllables in a player's surname.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
When can we pick?

And I think this site might help for the purposes of this draft if you are not sure:

https://www.howmanysyllables.com/

Upto you L&L but if you think this site can be trusted, we can use this one in case any of us are not able to agree on how many syllables in a player's surname.
I presume you can pick as soon as you want honestbharani?

Also, a useful tool but it does have Ntini as two syllables so might be useful as a guide but not perfect - tested it with a footballer - Evan N'Dicka and had N'Dicka as two syllables. Tested a couple other names and seemed okay so maybe it just has a problem with that style of name where the N is a syllable on its own.

kingkallis

International Coach
I presume you can pick as soon as you want honestbharani?

Also, a useful tool but it does have Ntini as two syllables so might be useful as a guide but not perfect - tested it with a footballer - Evan N'Dicka and had N'Dicka as two syllables. Tested a couple other names and seemed okay so maybe it just has a problem with that style of name where the N is a syllable on its own.
We can use it for everything else. Ntini, Ngam - the drafters know now.

JOJOXI

Quick Question can we pick players who have not played Test Cricket - e.g. for reasons of rebel tours etc as I see you mention to add test averages at the end of the draft?

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Quick Question can we pick players who have not played Test Cricket - e.g. for reasons of rebel tours etc as I see you mention to add test averages at the end of the draft?
As judging is done on Test performances you might be doing yourself a disservice selecting non-Test players. However, there is no rule against doing this.

ataraxia

International Coach
As judging is done on Test performances you might be doing yourself a disservice selecting non-Test players. However, there is no rule against doing this.
Normally draft judging is done on how the players in question would perform in hypothetical tests, though it's fine if we do it your way.

JOJOXI

I'm flexible and am quite prepared to have first class averages posted as a criteria as well.
Okay will keep that in mind only a couple players I'm thinking of who haven't played Test Cricket and that is if I don't get beaten to their selection - will differentiate between any FC and Test stats at the end.