• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Test at Hobart - 14-19 Jan 2022

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like former Penrith T20 Premier Cricket player Sam Billings will indeed dayboo

Great to see a battler from such humble beginnings get a game for the old enemy.

Spikey

Some real Sydney Thunder legends in this game: Usman, Cummins, Warner, Billings.

Joe Root also played for the Thunder

morgieb

We've picked the best batting line up of the series for this match but looking at that deck I can still see them getting shot out for 100 or less.

Which would probably be a winning total in any event.
Could genuinely be a two-day Test if it wasn’t for rain.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Driest month of the year in Hobart (one of the driest capital cities) and they pick the rainy days.

morgieb

Australia batting first. This could be all out for under 100 or us at 2/250-odd at the end of the day.

Our best batting lineup in a long time too so that helps.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was so pissed off about losing the toss I didn't look at the XIs. I cannot fathom leaving Anderson out in these conditions. Presumably they wanted the racist back in but also wanted to strengthen the batting in the absence of Stokes, so thought Wokes was the answer.

Burgey

No spinner for England. Five right arm seamers, though I suppose Stokes may not roll the arm over at all

Burgey

I was so pissed off about losing the toss I didn't look at the XIs. I cannot fathom leaving Anderson out in these conditions. Presumably they wanted the racist back in but also wanted to strengthen the batting in the absence of Stokes, so thought Wokes was the answer.
Stokes is playing according to the CA website

Burgey

Seriously why is Starc playing
Starc will take at least seven for the match to secure the MOTS award he so richly deserves

Ladbrokes ad just there saying Hazlewood second favourite for most wickets for Aus and Anderson for England. I know they call gamblers mug punters, but come on…

ataraxia

International Coach
should've left Jimmy out in the last game and make him pass Ponting in this game as it's in Tas.

morgieb

Seriously why is Starc playing
I feel like Australia plain don't like rotating their quicks if possible....plus there's also the pink ball factor.

I agree given what happened on D5 that it's dumb. Still at least Australia are batting first.