• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I just woke up. What happened in terms of further injuries? Both Saini and Shardul out for rest of the match?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Siraj can hold his head high. He didn't disgrace himself and generally bowled good lines at good pace. Certainly the pick of the bowlers for me.

Hard to give any praise to the batting. Barely at standard given the circumstances. Can you imagine Hayden/ Ponting against this attack? They'd be at risk of smashing all records. But through a mixture of soft dismissals and incompetence Australia is somehow 5 down and haven't even crossed 300. Testament to a lack of discipline and ruthlessness. Wade and Labuschagne really the worst offenders. Labuschagne seems to lose concentration when his partner goes. It was right after Smith got out that he was dropped and then as soon as Wade went, he did too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Saini is injured and taken for scans. Shardul I think rammed his foot or something, possibly a scratch in his feet that is bleeding. But I dont think his participation is in question or anything.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Could've been better after we had them at 213/5 but these are not really Test standard bowlers, at least not endurance-wise. Respectable enough at the end, hope they get some rest and bowl Aus out under 350 tomorrow.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Yeah I think they were flustered by the 5th hour of the match, understandable as well.

Called up to bowl 20 overs a day with almost nil conditioning or overs under the belt and yet delivering this is nothing short of very good.

Also whoever is in charge of batting coaching and fitness in the team need to be fired ASAP. One or two I can understand, but this is a sick joke and some accountability has to be there.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I think they were flustered by the 5th hour of the match, understandable as well.

Called up to bowl 20 overs a day with almost nil conditioning or overs under the belt and yet delivering this is nothing short of very good.

Also whoever is in charge of batting coaching and fitness in the team need to be fired ASAP. One or two I can understand, but this is a sick joke and some accountability has to be there.
Do you answer - "Are you senile?" - with a yes or a no?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I suspect Nattu, Shardul and Sundar are going to wake up stiff af (:naughty:) tomorrow morning.

Could be in for a frustrating day with the ball.

irfan

State Captain
IndiaIndia AIndia B
1​
R SharmaM AgarwalP Shaw
2​
S GillS Dhawan ©M Vijay ©
3​
C PujaraKL RahulD Karthik
4​
V Kohli ©M PandeyS Iyer
5​
A RahaneH VihariK Jadhav
6​
R Pant (k)H PandyaP Patel (k)
7​
R JadejaW Saha (k)W Sundar
8​
R AshwinB KumarS Nadeem
9​
I SharmaU YadavS Thakur
10​
M ShamiK YadavN Saini
11​
J BumrahM SirajT Natarajan

irfan

State Captain
Did a little exercise to see how bench our bowling line-up really is. Players are ones that have recently played Tests for India with a couple of contracted LO players to fill in the gaps (i.e. Iyer, Pandey etc)

We are basically playing with our best batting lineup (bar Kohli) with an India B bowling attach (bar Siraj).

Arachnodouche

International Captain
A lot of it is also down to how much work the individual players have put in over the last year. You have to take some responsibility for your fitness under lockdown; safe to say a few of them looked appreciably underdone by the time the IPL rolled around.