• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

cnerd123

likes this
Now he's just walked off.
he's been walking off between overs a lot recently. the broadcast showed him sitting with the physio with shoes off and socks in his hand. speculation is that he's getting the bandaging around his foot redone in between overs.

Can Siraj and Nattu deliver a short burst with the new ball today? And will Saini be back to bowl tmrw, or is he crocked for the Test.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
@cnerd123

Is the failure of this Indian squad to capitalize on a dreadful Australian team and flog them to Timbuktu and back a result of them being conditioned like mountain-dew suckling gamerbros, and why is your answer a definitive yes?

Also injury subs for soft ***ts is still a good idea.

Starfighter

Did we make a blunder by not playing Kuldeep? Or it would have made no difference?
Well Cooldeep mightn't have gotten Smith out if you played him over Washington. But he would probably have been tighter than Thakur. I wonder when the last time anyone played two spinners at Brisbane was?

Kirkut

International Regular
Well Cooldeep mightn't have gotten Smith out if you played him over Washington. But he would probably have been tighter than Thakur. I wonder when the last time anyone played two spinners at Brisbane was?
Makes sense, probably Washington was favoured over Kuldeep for his batting.

Gnske

Really Australia here would be in a much better position today with two less wickets down.
Deserved first centuries for the youngsters tomorrow and no top order to force them to bat like idiots.

This is for the best. Paine will unleash a fury.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Despite the lame commentary analysis I don't think playing him over Washington was ever really an option. Kuldeep batting 7 is just a nonstater imo. If he played it would have had to be in place of one of the quicks (and it probably would have been Thakur).

I think it's possible (likely even) that it was a dire decision but still probably wouldn't made a huge difference so far today. You don't pick a left arm wrist spinner in Aus because you think he's gonna be great on Day 1 against the top order. He feasts on the tail though and could be even more useful in the second dig.

Starfighter

A left armer going around the wicket with new ball is dire (unless he's trying to test them out on that long-hop again).

Kirkut

International Regular
Lol, Siraj is taking responsibility reminding me of days when our bowling was dire and there was a runfest, Dhoni would toss the ball to Zaheer Khan.