• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Batting coach Vikram Rathore lol...what a walking wicket he used to be. Remember being excited when they took him to Eng in the mid-90s because he was constantly in the papers scoring bucketfuls at domestix. No footwork to speak of. Wonder what lessons he's imparting to the likes of Shaw and Agarwal.

Scored heavily in all the FC games on tour too. Saved his sucking exclusively for the tests.

sunilz

International Regular
Batting coach Vikram Rathore lol...what a walking wicket he used to be. Remember being excited when they took him to Eng in the mid-90s because he was constantly in the papers scoring bucketfuls at domestix. No footwork to speak of. Wonder what lessons he's imparting to the likes of Shaw and Agarwal.
Blame Mathura Das for his selection as batting coach. I doubt BCCI can confirm any appointment without taking his advice

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Doesn't even teach tailenders to bat against bounce.

cnerd123

likes this
You can be a good coach without being a good player. Often good players make awful coaches because all the basics came easy to them, or their talent covers for their lack of technical understanding. The best coaches are those who had to work through struggles over their careers and put in time off the field to broaden their knowledge.

no idea if any of that is true of Rathore tho tbf

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Scored heavily in all the FC games on tour too. Saved his sucking exclusively for the tests.
hah yeah Star broadcasted some of those tour games, was such a novel thing back then. Young me was very impressed with Ed Giddins' action in the game against Sussex...this was before he was caught snorting obviously. His figures in that game don't look very impressive now though lol.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
hah yeah Star broadcasted some of those tour games, was such a novel thing back then. Young me was very impressed with Ed Giddins' action in the game against Sussex...this was before he was caught snorting obviously. His figures in that game don't look very impressive now though lol.
Not aware of the history but I met Ed Giddins once at an event where Tendulkar was having nets with clients of a bank - very funny, entertaining and charming guy!

ma1978

International 12th Man
He had pretty much a patented shuffle across the stumps and a waft outside of off. Worst technique I have seen in a pro. And I remember the anticipation well. Cant believe he is the batting coach.

That 1996 series was a cracker though. An absolute genius of a Tendulkar century, Dravid and Ganguly's debut and some great innings by Nasser Hussain. Too bad India was throwing out the likes of Rathour and Paras Mhambrey

Shri

Mr. Glass
Hopefully i fall asleep soonish and wake up after an hour of play has passed to find that we have aus 5 down for **** all

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I got an email from CA. Right in the center of the photo of the Gabba is the building widely considered the ugliest in Brisbane. I'm not sure why they don't use a more flattering angle.
No way man, it has to be the Giant Government Dick building on the waterfront. Or the Department of Education building.

Until recently I would have had the Roma Street transit hub until they 911'd it in a controlled deconstruction.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No way man, it has to be the Giant Government Dick building on the waterfront. Or the Department of Education building.

Until recently I would have had the Roma Street transit hub until they 911'd it in a controlled deconstruction.
Nah the fascist tower despite looking fascist is nowhere near as bad as a couple of the 60s/70s/80s built concrete monstrosities. Once they're all gone then the fascist tower comes into play.

Some of the newer ones from the Newman era look really good (and a lot less fascist). The one on Alice St is a beautiful and distinct building.

The Brisbane skyline looks really good these days. Or at least it looks like a modern city. Closer to Sydney than Melbourne though, which is a shame because Melbourne is the best looking city in Australia.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think Bumrah and Ashwin will both play. Just a hunch

Appears Natrajan and Sundar are both daybooing, based on my TL.

Sorry HB, I don't have 27 verified official sources for this news, am just doing my best mate.