• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No excuses for anything under 500 here.
That's what you'd hope, but when you look at who's actually in the line up you realise the if one of the big two don't fire we could end up with a lot less.

No Ashwin is a huge win for Australia, I haven't seen that much of Sundar but nothing to indicate he has the variations that have allowed Ashwin's strategy to succeed, nor does he have the experience.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think I've seen Sundar ever turn one. He's an Indian Imad Wasim, isn't he? Terribly out of place here.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is Thakur there to play the role of Wagner but with a bit of hitting ability down the order?

Everyone who knows anything about him keeps saying he's ****, but you all said that about Saini and he did ok, so you're all **** judges.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
holy ****! is this our bowling attack?!

Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Navdeep Saini, Mohammed Siraj, T Natarajan

A massacre on the cards, ****!:@

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Is Thakur there to play the role of Wagner but with a bit of hitting ability down the order?

Everyone who knows anything about him keeps saying he's ****, but you all said that about Saini and he did ok, so you're all **** judges.
He is there to play the role Vinay Kumar played in Perth against Warner. Cannon fodder.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
No, i just went through some bad 90s lineups. This is definitely worse - by far the worst Indian team I’ve ever seen take the field. I wasn’t round when Gavaskar was opening the bowling, but at least in my cricket watching days, hard to imagine worse than this.

Smith to break Lara’s record.

Starfighter

Aside from team debuts (Afghanistan, Ireland etc.) and SA coming back from isolation when's the last time a team played a bowling attack with only four tests between them?

Cruxdude

International Debutant
No, i just went through some bad 90s lineups. This is definitely worse - by far the worst Indian team I’ve ever seen take the field. I wasn’t round when Gavaskar was opening the bowling, but at least in my cricket watching days, hard to imagine worse than this.

Smith to break Lara’s record.
I think this team has more heart than anything we put out in the 90s. But ya this is going to be a rough test.

Starfighter

I doubt it's worse in quality, confident that at least Siraj and Saini are better than some of the spanners that you played then.