• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

45th Match - South Africa v Australia

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

aussie tragic

International Captain
So with Marsh out with a broken arm from Cummins and Maxwell being monitored for his hit from Starc (what happened to net bowlers and throw downs ffs), Handscomb should play this game.

How do Aus fill the 5th bowler 10 overs without Maxwell? I guess Smithy will have to try some more leg spin / off break combo's

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
So with Marsh out with a broken arm from Cummins and Maxwell being monitored for his hit from Starc (what happened to net bowlers and throw downs ffs), Handscomb should play this game.

How do Aus fill the 5th bowler 10 overs without Maxwell? I guess Smithy will have to try some more leg spin / off break combo's
Will get a 5 for against SA.

wrongun

Banned

They may not need 5 bowlers. May skittle SAF out in 30 overs.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unlikely given the form of the respective teams, but would be nice if SA could beat Australia here. Would much rather play NZ than England in the semis.

TheJediBrah

Why would Handscomb play? Marsh wasn't even in the XI to begin with. Aus will most likely be unchanged I would have thought.

Gob

International Coach
Why would Handscomb play? Marsh wasn't even in the XI to begin with. Aus will most likely be unchanged I would have thought.
Maxwell also got hit

Estraya do a favor and win please. Let the monsters fight each other.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah this game is highly important for Australia's chances of winning the cup. Win this and we only have to play one of India and England. Lose this and we have to play both. No disrespect to the kiwis but facing them does not scare me as much as the other two.

Zinzan

Yeah this game is highly important for Australia's chances of winning the cup. Win this and we only have to play one of India and England. Lose this and we have to play both. No disrespect to the kiwis but facing them does not scare me as much as the other two.
I agree and was about to post the same thing.

Winning this game for Australia, is looking like a ticket into the final.

Mind, this is assuming NZ continue to play miles below their best as they have been this WC (even in the early games they won). If NZ change their attitude, and play with more freedom in this semi knowing they've probably been lucky to be there & have nothing to lose, you never know.

But yeah, Australia massive favourites to progress straight to the final if the beat SA.

Last edited:

trundler

Unlikely given the form of the respective teams, but would be nice if SA could beat Australia here. Would much rather play NZ than England in the semis.
The ideal arrangement since neither India nor England making the semis should be a possibility.

Bahseph

State Captain
Going to be sad to see Immie go after this game. Ridiculous celebrations aside, he has been the most consistent ODI bowler SA have had for the better part of the decade. Going to be hard to replace him.

vcs

Great start by SA, if only there was something on the line in this match, it could have been a classic..