• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It starts Jan 14th! Just enough time! Should be flying in a couple of fast bowlers. It’s going to be a crucial Test regardless of the result of the next one.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Can anyone actually confirm it's possible for Pucovski to play the third test? As far as I know he left the bubble, so I'm not sure about the turnaround for quarantine. I don't think they'll risk him this season now anyway. He'll have to wait 12 months.

I also still think there's a high chance (90%) Warner doesn't pull up, and its a straight swap Burns for Harris. They won't pick Warner if he doesn't think he can't can work the field for quick singles and by all accounts he can't run properly.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still eight days away.

may well end up washed out anyway with the way the weather is here. Forecast to rain pretty heavy every day up to and including day two at this stage. Been a **** summer so far, La Niña has been at its worst

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Still eight days away.

may well end up washed out anyway with the way the weather is here. Forecast to rain pretty heavy every day up to and including day two at this stage. Been a **** summer so far, La Niña has been at its worst
Easily the worse summer rain wise in a long time

I have to skip the beach and head straight to the shops

Burgey

Easily the worse summer rain wise in a long time

I have to skip the beach and head straight to the shops
Same. Havent even hit up Watto Bay pub yet because of the weather, though that decision, like all things Watto, is subject to review. Wanted to do a Kutti Beach picnic as well with the doggos but haven’t had a good enough day yet.

Got so bad that even Birkenhead Point is on the agenda today. Woeful. Though tbf it’s keeping Mrs Burgey quiet during her recovery, which is something

Daemon

Can anyone actually confirm it's possible for Pucovski to play the third test? As far as I know he left the bubble, so I'm not sure about the turnaround for quarantine. I don't think they'll risk him this season now anyway. He'll have to wait 12 months.

I also still think there's a high chance (90%) Warner doesn't pull up, and its a straight swap Burns for Harris. They won't pick Warner if he doesn't think he can't can work the field for quick singles and by all accounts he can't run properly.
Warner looked pretty comfortable in the clip they put out of him in the nets the other day. Wasn’t sprinting or anything but he ran a few singles.

aussie tragic

International Captain
So it's one all with both Tests won by 8 wickets. You don't get any more even than that going into a third Test

Balance will swing Australia's way after swapping Burns for Warner. No problem if he can't run yet, field him at slip and just hit boundaries and walking singles.

Last edited:

Daemon

Both games could’ve very realistically gone either way with a bit of luck in key moments even if India seem to be winning more passages of play overall.

I still think Australia are clear favourites though. Only takes a top order collapse to wipe India out from the game and their bowlers have threatened to do it every single time. Warner coming back would be huge as well.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Also NSW government is bat**** crazy if they think they can have crowds with the cases announced today.

morgieb

Also NSW government is bat**** crazy if they think they can have crowds with the cases announced today.
In fairness while it looks bad, the actual position is:

9 of them linked to confirmed cases and were already in isolation
6 from the one family in Croydon
Two in Wollongong and in the same household

The big question is where the last two came from, but it's not like there's 18 individual cases all over Sydney with no real link to current ones.

Gob

International Coach
Hopefully Davey Warner will give the deserving treatment to the filth Ashlose dishes up this time with ultra intent and aggression

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Both games could’ve very realistically gone either way with a bit of luck in key moments even if India seem to be winning more passages of play overall.

I still think Australia are clear favourites though. Only takes a top order collapse to wipe India out from the game and their bowlers have threatened to do it every single time. Warner coming back would be huge as well.
Australia went and committed all the mistakes India did in the first test by dropping seven catches

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
In fairness while it looks bad, the actual position is:

9 of them linked to confirmed cases and were already in isolation
6 from the one family in Croydon
Two in Wollongong and in the same household

The big question is where the last two came from, but it's not like there's 18 individual cases all over Sydney with no real link to current ones.
Only god knows how deep the Croydon cluster goes though, it's only just been detected. And that there's even one unlinked chain of transmission suggests the contact tracing hasn't caught up to where in needs to be (like in SA).

Having said that, in terms of actually holding the test match at the SCG (crowd-free), I would be quite confident in any quarantine procedures. No chances will be taken lest they risk losing their QLD exemption which they seemingly had to fight quite hard for. Seems likely there will be no crowds (or more limited crowds) no matter what the CHO is saying right now.

Last edited: