• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pattinson wasting a lot of balls, needs to do better.
Yeah I feel like he hasn't really got it right today. It's not pies but he should be an inch fuller and his short stuff hasn't looked on the money.

England were always going to produce a partnership somewhere.

Spark

Global Moderator
Ch9 seems to have gotten bored with the cricket, having missed the first two balls of the last two overs

morgieb

Don't like this from Lyon at all.
Yeah I could see what he was trying to do, but he should've abandoned it after about an over rather than persist with it for 4.

Marnus on is interesting. Signs that Australia are losing patience?

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I could see what he was trying to do, but he should've abandoned it after about an over rather than persist with it for 4.

Marnus on is interesting. Signs that Australia are losing patience?
Probably a sign that tea is soon.

Channel 9 have definitely lost patience, deciding to flat out not show any cricket as opposed to endless ads

morgieb

Testing session of cricket. Pitch does look easier to bat on but I don't think we bowled quite as well as we could've, and these two have batted really well regardless. We'll see how the next session pans out - a wicket could open things right up, but equally now is a great chance to put on a 150+ partnership that could really test Australia out.

flibbertyjibber

Guess we'd have taken that at the start of the session. Another 38 overs left so if we double our score to 180 then it might be a nervy night for the Aussies if we are no more than 3 down.

morgieb

Guess we'd have taken that at the start of the session. Another 38 overs left so if we double our score to 180 then it might be a nervy night for the Aussies if we are no more than 3 down.
I think that's the goal - keep them out there, don't take silly risks and you might be at a position where you can start to dream overnight.

Uppercut

I think that's the goal - keep them out there, don't take silly risks and you might be at a position where you can start to dream overnight.
Batting time is so good. Get Stokes and Bairstow coming in against bowlers in their 3rd or 4th spells and it’s on.

OTOH if they can just hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards and that’ll be checkmate.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Any reason why England can't chase 300 if they limit the lead and bat well?
Thought this could happen if they wrapped things up quick enough, the 4th innings pressure with the ashes on the line is immense but Australia will start to feel it should England get within 100 no more than 5 or 6 down. But so far so good, batting looks ok if you're willing to be patient and there's some guys to come who can take the game away quickly, worth remembering what Buttler and Stokes managed to achieve together in the WC final, very different circumstance but interesting nonetheless