• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The ump starts shaking his head, then goes 'yep'. If the **** had stuck to his guns, Warner would still be there.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Funny, thinking about the way test cricket has gone overall recently. I think everyone would agree that conditions have generally been more bowler friendly, but it feels like a lot of the low scores recently are just sue to sheer batting incompetence from teams who can't play overseas and who have sacrificed their techniques on the altar of T20.

This will be close, Warner isn't tall.
England have plenty of bad batsmen recently who are not good at T20. Maybe the most talented players are being funnelled in that direction which means those that are left to concentrate on first class cricket are just not vert good.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The pillow needs to contribute when it matters for the second time ever. Been as useless as a marzipan dildo since the UAE

a massive zebra

International Captain
And all of the other batsmen you mentioned (bar maybe Knight) would walk into this current lineup too, lol
I agree with the first four (Crawley, Butcher, Trescothick, Hick). Ramprakash would get in the current side on talent, but his actual output in the first two thirds of his career wasn't much better than the current crop.

Last edited:

Tom Flint

International Regular
I am going to headingly tomorrow, if we can knock these over for 150 ish then will have a chase of 250 to win. I heard it's meant to be sunny and a good day for batting

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I agree with the first four. Ramprakash would get in the current side on talent, but his actual output in the first two thirds of his career wasn't much better than the current crop.
Yeah that's kind of my point re: Ramprakash, he'd have gotten a million chances in this generation too because while he's probably not doing much better than the current lineup, I think he'd be seen as having more upside than the alternatives.