• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd ODI at Canberra, 2 Dec 2020

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Good game. Think both sides have hit on their best 3-7. Both sides have settled opening bats too but one half of it is injured at the moment. Both sides also seem to know the best 3 seamers of their sides too for this format. Only area is Australia also know who their spinner is, and India don't seem to. Otherwise, I would say there were good gains for both sides from this series.

Smith is probably the most obvious difference between the two sides but the traditional India bashing quartet of Finch, Warner, Smith, Maxwell all showing up basically did us in, this series. Maxwell MoS for me.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Resting Cummins due to IPL fatigue cost us this game. And thinking Labuschagne could magically become an opener instead of using a proven Wade. Selector fail!

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good game of cricket that. Fair effort india to pull that back after being 4/120 or whatever it was

Spikey

the selection of green obviously didn't do anything to help australia win today's game
labuschagne should have been told to shut up when he offered to open
opening with maxwell/not bowling henriques until the 42nd over or whatever/leaving abbott to bowl 6 overs from the 38th over mark were all very strange choices

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
India didn't go all that well in middle overs. Probably tried too hard to get 370+ (didn't see that phase though)
I know that. Australia really lost control in the last ten overs: I could only listen to it, but I think our faster bowlers often lack a bit of something when it comes to facing batsmen attacking like Pandya and Jadeja did.

Spark

Global Moderator
Green isn't ready yet and looked a bit like a deer in the headlights with the bat but the talent is pretty obvious. He's going to be a very good cricketer if he can stay fit.

Spark

Global Moderator
That Carey run out really was killer. Just a total loss of awareness because he was so worried about the lbw.

Spark

Global Moderator
Random observation but Kuldeep is really bad in the field. Not in a "he can't field" sort of way, but on multiple occasions he was completely out of position as the bowler was running in because he wasn't paying any attention and basically had to sprint sideways to where he was actually supposed to be.

Zampa isn't great either. Always seemed surprised that the ball was coming his way.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Neither wrist spinner adds anything other than their bowling and that was always known. But I think Virat just over rates wrist spinners in general. I mean we had Kumble forever and he was not a match winner or even a wicket taker in most LO conditions. He just kept it tight and got wickets through the pressure he built. I think Virat personally thinks leggies are just something greater than they actually are. Hence his idiotic pick of Karn Sharma over Ashwin and Jadeja in 2014 and his obsession with KulCha from 2017 till now. Chahal is fine in T20s and Kuldeep is good in ODIs but to play both of them is just impossible and it is quite possible that neither are our best spinners in many conditions, especially away from home in either format.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
It's annoying when a batting captain has a preference for a particular type of bowlers (Kohli for wrist-spin). It's a bit like a bowler becoming captain and declaring he'd only select left-hander batsmen in the middle-order.

Daemon

Kulcha were incredibly good around 16-18 tbf. Dunno why they both dropped off around the same time right on the cusp of the WC.