• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

32nd Match - England v Australia

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Kudos Aus. Shows the benefit of having more than the one game plan. Behrendorff and Lyon were strokes of genius.

Starc's such a gun. New ball and old ball. Genuine sweetheart with it too.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Morgan should be sacked as captain. England batting is overrated definitely. However not so bad that they can't even qualify for semis at home. If Roy is not coming back next match, probably Buttler/Moeen should open. Buttler is not doing much now a days under pressure. Anyways even if Roy comes back England are done and dusted as can't see this team beating both India and NZ.

Tomorrow's match is very interesting now. If Pak pulls upset over NZ then Pak will make to the semis.
That 100 Vs Pakistan was glorious, tbf.

Spark

Global Moderator
I still think this England side ought to win one of their next two games tbh. If they don't then, yeah, chokey-mc-chokeface. But 10 points probably still sees you in the door more often than not.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Buttler has essentially played three innings under pressure in this World Cup and scored a 75 ball century in one of them. Can't hack it clearly.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Utterly feeble from England, looks increasingly like that ****-up against Lanka is going to cost them. Stokes aside just not in the same ballpark as Australia (how different things were a year ago). Does make the tournament interesting now from a semifinal qualification perspective, but rather damning that this is one of the more flawed Australian sides I can remember and they are still unstoppable.

trundler

I think I'm going to look at that Stokes dismissal until I fall asleep.

Archer wasted the new ball and Woakes was consistently a foot short. You know that 'looks unlucky because it passes over the outside edge because it's slightly too short' length. Warner and Finch were exceptional in countering the new ball. The spinners were dross as always. Wood and Stokes impressed at different points. The less said about the batting with the exception of Stokes the better.

trundler

The 3rd seamer issue being solved puts this Australian side on another level. Stoinis needs a kick up the arse.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I still think this England side ought to win one of their next two games tbh. If they don't then, yeah, chokey-mc-chokeface. But 10 points probably still sees you in the door more often than not.
If England wins only 1 and Pakistan wins all 3 (v NZ, Afg, BD) Pakistan go through