• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

32nd Match - Australia v Sri Lanka (8th March 2015)

Who will win this match?

• Sri Lanka

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

halba

International 12th Man
you should be favourites, your'e playing in home conditions?
sri lanka are outmatched in the bowling.

sri lanka's bowling attack is toothless. all the batters need to do is see off lasith malinga, there is no one really to threaten on these types of pitches.

australia have 3 pronged pace attack johnson, starc, hazlewood, faulkner, with maxwell/clarke as the 5th bowler
sri lanka have no real wicket takers apart from malinga.

the SCG wicket no longer assists spinners much. it is a pretty flat wicket.

GGG

State Captain
Didn't Boult and Southee play against South Africa?
Our two best batsman didn't play, take AB and Amla out of their team and they would be lucky to qualify and it was our first ODI in about 8 months. Boult was a wildcard back then, wasn't a first choice bowler, took him a while to hit his straps. Even when the first game started many people thought he shouldn't be there. Oh and Neesham was opening, very much experimental.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year

sri lanka's bowling attack is toothless. all the batters need to do is see off lasith malinga, there is no one really to threaten on these types of pitches.

australia have 3 pronged pace attack johnson, starc, hazlewood, faulkner, with maxwell/clarke as the 5th bowler

Going by the way the Aussies reacted to the pitch today (which could change by tomorrow tbf) pace off the ball could prove to be more effective than what the Australian attack has to offer, particularly for whoever bowls second

YorksLanka

International Debutant

No one's arguing with that, only problem is that cricket isnt played and won by stats..As for your bowling attack, if the wicket is as flat as you say, how useful will they be?

GGG

State Captain

Sri Lanka have a couple of classy and experienced batsman, Australia has one out of form and rusty one.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Be good to have a last look at Sanga and Mahela. Just hope I get there on time if SL bats first so I don't miss both their innings.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Now this is the game I'm looking most forward to. It will decide who plays SA in the quarters. :-) SPICY!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** me, Channel 9 saying Doherty will play.

Watto also in for Marsh.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
omg this Fox Sports video clip of NZ vs. Aust with Uptown Funk played in the background is amazing :laugh:

brilliant

Spikey

"You'll have to ask the selectors"

I can't believe Clarke just said that...
That's more or less been Clarke's typical response for the past year tbf. "I'm not a selector anymore" etc

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Matthews our second best seamer, itstl, ****ing strong batting line-up though, Satchi at 10

Spikey

also lol

Chris Barrett ‏@ChrisBarrett_ 27s27 seconds ago
Shane Watson going to bat No.6 according to Australian team sheet. Steve Smith stays at No.3