• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3 Nations Draft

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Going to take me a while but now thinking I might go back and make a tally of players I have picked most in drafts (doing a bit day by day) although unsure whether to include auction-style drafts as is that particularly reflective of players I like to pick?
I had done this couple of months back and found that Andy Roberts is the player I've picked the most followed by Clive Lloyd and then Courtney Walsh. Looks like under-rated west indies players is my thing.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I had done this couple of months back and found that Andy Roberts is the player I've picked the most followed by Clive Lloyd and then Courtney Walsh. Looks like under-rated west indies players is my thing.
Lloyd is a weird one in that personally I feel like I rate him quite highly but also feel like I never really pick him. In fairness, I think I picked him in one of my early drafts and got no votes and that might have subconsciously influenced things - I'll see either today or tomorrow if I'm mis-remembering. Always thought Roberts was rated very highly on here?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Lloyd is a weird one in that personally I feel like I rate him quite highly but also feel like I never really pick him. In fairness, I think I picked him in one of my early drafts and got no votes and that might have subconsciously influenced things - I'll see either today or tomorrow if I'm mis-remembering. Always thought Roberts was rated very highly on here?
Lloyd sure is under-rated here. May be he was the Dravid to Viv's Sachin and so his performances went unnoticed, especially his odi caliber. Yes, Roberts is rated well here but out of all the atg pacers, he comes right at the very end which can be seen in his rank of 28 in the current poll run by L&L. I had made the mistake of taking him or Walsh as the primary pacer in my initial few drafts which wasn't taken well by the voters.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Lloyd sure is under-rated here. May be he was the Dravid to Viv's Sachin and so his performances went unnoticed, especially his odi caliber. Yes, Roberts is rated well here but out of all the atg pacers, he comes right at the very end which can be seen in his rank of 28 in the current poll run by L&L. I had made the mistake of taking him or Walsh as the primary pacer in my initial few drafts which wasn't taken well by the voters.
Intriguing to see Anderson and Cummins have both jumped ahead of Roberts in CW perception and Rabada immediately after him! Tbf I'd probably have most of the others who are above him in that poll above him - where would you place him? Albeit I'll probably respond to anything else tomorrow as about to head off to sleep. From my first 5 drafts I only picked three players more than once - Dravid, Stokes and Greenidge (all twice)

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Intriguing to see Anderson and Cummins have both jumped ahead of Roberts in CW perception and Rabada immediately after him! Tbf I'd probably have most of the others who are above him in that poll above him - where would you place him? Albeit I'll probably respond to anything else tomorrow as about to head off to sleep. From my first 5 drafts I only picked three players more than once - Dravid, Stokes and Greenidge (all twice)
At 20 after Davidson and before Pollock. But I myself am a culprit of his lower ranking as I nominated Walsh and Cummins instead of Walsh and Roberts at that point of time. Somehow he missed my mind at that time. But he was my top nomination in the next rounds till he got voted in.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Going to take me a while but now thinking I might go back and make a tally of players I have picked most in drafts (doing a bit day by day) although unsure whether to include auction-style drafts as is that particularly reflective of players I like to pick?
I'd say the flexible round order drafts are also slightly less reflective of my drafting habits too

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
On that same topic - is it worth me tagging a mod in the cricket drafts that haven't been moved to the specific Forum-games sub-category or would that be treated as spam/nuisance-posting (not sure if they've just been missed or it was just decided its not worth moving these drafts into the new folder but as I am likely going to keep a list - happy to either tag a mod or PM a mod if this is deemed useful (@Magrat Garlick?)
if you make a list of URLs/links and send them to me by PM i'm happy to move them