• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v India (26th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think Kohli deserves the blame he's getting for the semi-final. When you talk a big game, people (both supporters and detractors) are going to look very closely at your performances on the big stage. A quiet guy like Rahane will always fly under the radar. Maybe because he doesn't abuse the wrong journalist, and maybe because he doesn't proclaim that he wants to be the best player in the world. When you are chasing 329 and your openers have given a good start, there is a lot of expectation on the star batsman who is going in at one-down. You are expected to stay till the 35th/40th over and lead the charge.

I still think Kohli will go on to be an ATG batsman, both in Tests and ODIs, but I feel that there is still a while to go. He's young enough to play again in 2019 and 2023, probably captaining both, so he'll get a chance to redeem himself. But all those 100s against Sri Lanka and Australia in bilateral series (often in India) will amount for nothing if he doesn't perform in the World Cup.
26 year old batsmen has a while to go to be an ATG shocker.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
From my Facebook page . . . in response to the noise in the electronic media and the raving and ranting on the social networks . . .

So we lost . . . what's the big deal ??

Australia were the better side . . . by far . . . and we were the weakest of the four semi-finalists. Why are we surprised and why do we want to go to town over it and some . . . like the assholes so many take pride in being . . . who are after poor Anushka Sharma.

Yes India were unbeaten in the tournament. But remember they were in the weaker group. Both finalists were in the other group. they are the finalists because they have the best two attacks and are the most confident and steely sides.

Yes we had South Africa in our group but they were mercurial even though brilliant on their day. Remember they did not just lose to us . . . they even lost to
Pakistan !

Then by virtue of leading the group we got to face the weakest of the eight quarterfinalists in the first knock out. We just weren't tested yet by the best of the best till yesterday . . . why such a surprise?
Yes we could have beaten them so could Bangladesh have beaten us. It happens in the game, particularly in the shorter version. With a line up that included Tendulkar, Sehwag, Ganguly, Dravid, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Harbhajan, Zaheer, etc guess who we lost to in the 2007 world cup ? . . . Bangladesh !!

Bangladesh who in their first 100 ODI matches (before the game above) had won only one match to a Test playing side . . . India. Guess which is the second Test playing team Bangladesh had defeated after beating India . . . World Champions Australia !

They included legends of the shorter version Gilchrist, Hayden, Ponting, Martyn, Clarke, Katich, and a fast bowling attack that included McGrath and Gillespie.

Chill . . . **** happens !

And tell you what . . . our loss yesterday does not even qualify for that. If we had managed to beat Australia yesterday after losing to them again and again over the last four months in Australia it is the Australian fans who needed to be told that . . .

Chill . . . **** happens.

This was regular stuff

PS : and if you truly love the game . . . get up early tomorrow as well, get the ****, shower and shave out of the way and settle down to join the Melbourne crowd and lets hope the final is the cracker that yesterday's game wasn't.

Everyone should want their team to win, so do I, but above all I wish to see a good game of cricket. I never forget what Cardus once wrote of how he felt as a kid . . . "Oh lord let Australia be all out for 150 and let Trumper score a century in that score and let England win by 1 run" . . . or words to that effect.

So be disappointed that your heroes did not win and your champion did not score a hundred but above all be sad that it was not a great contest . . .

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
From my Facebook page . . . in response to the noise in the electronic media and the raving and ranting on the social networks . . .

So we lost . . . what's the big deal ??

Australia were the better side . . . by far . . . and we were the weakest of the four semi-finalists. Why are we surprised and why do we want to go to town over it and some . . . like the assholes so many take pride in being . . . who are after poor Anushka Sharma.

Yes India were unbeaten in the tournament. But remember they were in the weaker group. Both finalists were in the other group. they are the finalists because they have the best two attacks and are the most confident and steely sides.

Yes we had South Africa in our group but they were mercurial even though brilliant on their day. Remember they did not just lose to us . . . they even lost to
Pakistan !

Then by virtue of leading the group we got to face the weakest of the eight quarterfinalists in the first knock out. We just weren't tested yet by the best of the best till yesterday . . . why such a surprise?
Yes we could have beaten them so could Bangladesh have beaten us. It happens in the game, particularly in the shorter version. With a line up that included Tendulkar, Sehwag, Ganguly, Dravid, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Harbhajan, Zaheer, etc guess who we lost to in the 2007 world cup ? . . . Bangladesh !!

Bangladesh who in their first 100 ODI matches (before the game above) had won only one match to a Test playing side . . . India. Guess which is the second Test playing team Bangladesh had defeated after beating India . . . World Champions Australia !

They included legends of the shorter version Gilchrist, Hayden, Ponting, Martyn, Clarke, Katich, and a fast bowling attack that included McGrath and Gillespie.

Chill . . . **** happens !

And tell you what . . . our loss yesterday does not even qualify for that. If we had managed to beat Australia yesterday after losing to them again and again over the last four months in Australia it is the Australian fans who needed to be told that . . .

Chill . . . **** happens.

This was regular stuff

PS : and if you truly love the game . . . get up early tomorrow as well, get the ****, shower and shave out of the way and settle down to join the Melbourne crowd and lets hope the final is the cracker that yesterday's game wasn't.

Everyone should want their team to win, so do I, but above all I wish to see a good game of cricket. I never forget what Cardus once wrote of how he felt as a kid . . . "Oh lord let Australia be all out for 150 and let Trumper score a century in that score and let England win by 1 run" . . . or words to that effect.

So be disappointed that your heroes did not win and your champion did not score a hundred but above all be sad that it was not a great contest . . .
Didn't Bangladesh beat Pakistan for their first win over a test playing nation?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just watching the highlights from last night again and enjoying Dhoni playing for a draw

Daemon

Thanks SJS for reminding us that we weren't favourites. I did not know that and with that information I have now overcome my disappointment at India's loss.

Bleed_Blue

School Boy/Girl Captain
Congrats to the Australian team and their fans they deserve to be in the final.

As for us, we played well to make the semis, we weren't good enough yesterday, we know that, we have the makings of a very good ODI team but at that level if you are 2% off your game then you won't beat a decent team like Australia.

Daemon

If we were 92% off our game then on a good day Australia would be bowled out for 3 and we would score 2300.

OverratedSanity

If we were 92% off our game then on a good day Australia would be bowled out for 3 and we would score 2300.
erm for that they'd have to hit 300 sixes in 300 balls. That still leaves them 500 runs short. Even if it was Murali chucking away with good old Darrell Hair on the field, we wouldn't have enough extra deliveries.

Get your **** together.

Daemon

erm for that they'd have to hit 300 sixes in 300 balls. That still leaves them 500 runs short. Even if it was Murali chucking away with good old Darrell Hair on the field, we wouldn't have enough extra deliveries.

Get your **** together.
Exactly, which emphasizes my point on how your post was wrong. Nice try though :p