• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Quarter Final - India v Bangladesh (19th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
India's batting is better than Australia's tbh
Nah Australia's batting depth is incredible. If you remove the top 4 from each side you are left with Maxwell, Watson, Haddin, Faulkner and then Johnson/Starc who can hang around. With India you have Raina, Dhoni and Jadeja, Ashwin can hang around but he's not a big hitter. Even if Aussies are 3-4 down for not much I can still see them making a massive score, whereas with India there top order NEEDS to fire to have any chance of a good score.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lot of you guys need to watch Lanka bat vs Australia. Good bowling lineup. Not Impossible to smack around though

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah this is ridiculous. Personally think it was a wrong call at a big time, but that's the game.

Match went pretty much as expected I suppose. Really looking forward to the semi next Thursday at the SCG.
Compounded by the fact that India were 190/3 at the time and Bangas only made a few runs more in total

Howsie

International Captain
Compounded by the fact that India were 190/3 at the time and Bangas only made a few runs more in total
Different game if Bangladesh are only chasing 275-80 which could've been the case. I don't think they win but it's still absolute bull****. 99.9 percent of the time the umpire would go upstairs in that situation, Dar if he's still got any games to umpire should be stood down for being a complete muppet, someone needs to take some responsibility for that happening.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Australia is going to completely tear apart our bowling. The whole hype about taking 70 wickets in 7 matches is gonna look very bad. Our bowling is at best 4th best in the tournament, and that's being very generous.
No it isn't. SA are worse on current form.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol BCB whining too. **** off Banglas. Get some good players and a fast bowler with knees.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
India's batting is better than Australia's tbh
I dunno, Burgey. The Indian line-up depends on one of the top 4 scoring big. If Starc and company can skittle the top order for little, the lower order can bat towards a semi-respectable total at best which won't be enough. Raina might deliver the goods, but Dhoni seems to be past it in the first innings. Admittedly it's not much to go on when all the evidence we have is Dhoni looking uncharacteristically incapable in the last 10 overs of late, but Australia doesn't have that sort of a problem with the big hitters down the order.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Imagine in 2050, renowned cricket-lovers from various corners of the globe are invited to a conference about recent developments in cricket. The speech from Bangladeshi cricket-lover will be short and crisp:

"Rohit Sharma was out."

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Q. Why is Indian Ocean an ocean and Bay of Bengal only a sea?

Ans. Because of BCCI's influence on ICC

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can only imagine what the BCB ICC President would be saying if they had lost to India like how SA did yesterday. Would probably blame the BCCI for purposely making noise so that Duminy couldn't hear Farhaan.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I can only imagine what the BCB ICC President would be saying if they had lost to India like how SA did yesterday. Would probably blame the BCCI for purposely making noise so that Duminy couldn't hear Farhaan.
Would probably blame the Badaklayak/Dheela system.

Le Mac

Banned
It's a little disturbing that a thread for such a non-event like this game was managed to attract over 800 posts. Scary!

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
You're disturbed by a missing comma or two? You're desperate, I'll give you that!
The use of "was" is jarring, grammatically wrong, and hurts my sensibilities. :ph34r:

Just winding you up, I don't mind your critique but enjoy well written criticisms.

Le Mac

Banned
Not perfect but hardly wrong. Desperation. If it helps you I'll be happy to submit everything to you for approval prior to posting. Can you still be reached on "grammarlamo@genuinespanner.net"?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Not perfect but hardly wrong. Desperation. If it helps you I'll be happy to submit everything to you for approval prior to posting. Can you still be reached on "grammarlamo@genuinespanner.net"?
You have 13 posts. One of them includes taking a shot at the whole forum for, heaven forbid, commenting enthusiastically on a game of cricket and was poorly written. And now this post is a bit snarky (although admittedly I did stir you up a bit). What were your intentions when you joined this web site...where they to fit in and talk about cricket...or where they to be a troll. Answer honestly. I am all ears.