• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Quarter Final - India v Bangladesh (19th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cruxdude

International Debutant
The icing on the cake is that the ICC president is pretty much accusing the two umpires of bias.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladesh played above expectations for about 20 overs in this whole World Cup in total (not that the expectations were very high to start with). I'll give them that. But this outrage over one no-ball decision makes me mad.

As a Bengali, I support them whenever they are not playing against India. But this is crazy stuff when they lost by 109 runs.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
The good thing about this game was that Bangladesh (as expect) pushed India in this game, each game apart from UAE India have been made to play at 89-90% to win. Still scared as hell if we play Australia though, such a step up in quality. Kohli needs to step up on that day.

SuperMurali

School Boy/Girl Captain
Dodgy call helps Bangladesh qualify for the knock-outs.....nobody complains.
Dodgy call helps Rohit score a few extra runs...........everybody riots

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
The good thing about this game was that Bangladesh (as expect) pushed India in this game, each game apart from UAE India have been made to play at 89-90% to win. Still scared as hell if we play Australia though, such a step up in quality. Kohli needs to step up on that day.
To play quality fast bowlers like Starc and Johnson, we need any 2 among Kohli, Rahane and Rohit to step up big time and with their ususal aggressive intent. Dhawan, Raina and Dhoni don't have the technique to do this.

I think Australia will score big regardless of how we bowl (good bowlign will mean 300, and bad bowling 350+ maybe). Our key batsmen need to fire.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Australia is going to be so hard to beat. Need Kohli, Rohit and Rahane to fire as I do not expect the middle order to save us if we lose early wickets. Also Maxwell :(

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To play quality fast bowlers like Starc and Johnson, we need any 2 among Kohli, Rahane and Rohit to step up big time and with their ususal aggressive intent. Dhawan, Raina and Dhoni don't have the technique to do this.

I think Australia will score big regardless of how we bowl (good bowlign will mean 300, and bad bowling 350+ maybe). Our key batsmen need to fire.
Dhonni absolutely does have the technique for it. It's ODIs. He finds a way.

OverratedSanity

I like how we're all assuming it's Australia we're facing btw. It's as if Pakistan are Singapore or something. They're not that bad ffs. they have a chance.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I like how we're all assuming it's Australia we're facing btw. It's as if Pakistan are Singapore or something. They're not that bad ffs. they have a chance.
Would be the happiest person if Pakistan get one over Australia, just can't see it tbh, this isn't having a go at Pakistan either, I can't see either of India or Pak stopping Australia if they play to their full potential. Someone just has to have one of those "best performance of my career" type of thing happening to stop Australia imo.

smash84

The Tiger King
Would be the happiest person if Pakistan get one over Australia, just can't see it tbh, this isn't having a go at Pakistan either, I can't see either of India or Pak stopping Australia if they play to their full potential. Someone just has to have one of those "best performance of my career" type of thing happening to stop Australia imo.
So agree with this. If Aus fire eveven 80% i don't see any of the SC teams troubling them

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Australia is going to completely tear apart our bowling. The whole hype about taking 70 wickets in 7 matches is gonna look very bad. Our bowling is at best 4th best in the tournament, and that's being very generous.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia is going to completely tear apart our bowling. The whole hype about taking 70 wickets in 7 matches is gonna look very bad. Our bowling is at best 4th best in the tournament, and that's being very generous.
I feel if the pitch helps the spinners and grips even a little bit we're in with a chance, otherwise yeah its looking pretty grim.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
So Bangladesh's WC ends. Well played though. They will take a lot of positives from their campaign and I can see them doing a lot better going forward.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
yes they have been impressive and have clearly made steps forward..I have been impressed with their death bowling in particular and their batting has shown some promisetoo- most importantly, they have shown backbone - SL please note..

Burgey

The icing on the cake is that the ICC president is pretty much accusing the two umpires of bias.
Yeah this is ridiculous. Personally think it was a wrong call at a big time, but that's the game.

Match went pretty much as expected I suppose. Really looking forward to the semi next Thursday at the SCG.